Tennis Forum banner

1741 - 1757 of 1757 Posts

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
Why?
Just comparing like quantity with like quantity.
:shrug:
Rafflesia at his best slam > Djokovic at his best slam
Djokovic at his 2nd best slam > Rafflesia at his 2nd best slam
Djokovic at his 3rd best slam > Rafflesia at his 3rd best slam
Djokovic at his 4th best slam > Rafflesia at his 4th best slam

Looks like TALENT wins in 3 of the 4 categories! :cheer:

·
Registered
9,390 Posts

Bye, sis.
Numbers are all that matter here.
Surface dominance/prowess is a separate question.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I'm a Djokovic fan too -- he won me over when he came on the scene and was immediately bratty to both Federer and Nadal, the anointed ones. And then backed it up by beating them!

Why don't you guy like Nadal? Just curious. I'm not a fan either, but I do admit a lot of my ire was inspired by being a deluded Federer stan.
Yes! This is why I live for him.

Like I said a few pages back, his game is too dependent on the conditions and the surface. If his topspin is neutralized it's over. He should be grateful the ball was bouncing high this year. His grunting is awful and his butt picking is embarrassing too. Tio Toni's constant bitching doesn't help either.

Plus no Miami titles (hopefully the new venue isn't some freak high bouncing BS) and no ATP finals titles? So called GOAT can't win a tournament where only the TOP players play? Oh right, it's because the ball isn't bouncing higher than the Tower of Babel.

King is gaining ground on that ratty Spaniard's 17* majors. Buckle up, sis! @Couver
They better PRAY Godvak doesn't decide to get back to his 2011/2015 level, even though he was nowhere near it against a PEAK Rogaine at his best Wimbledon in 6 years.

Novak MF'n Djokovic!!!!!! King back where he belongs!!! 4th Wimbledon title!!! 13th major overall. 4th all time!!! Definitely salvages a bit the disappointment for me from yesterday!!! Really happy Djokovic found his game and mentality these 2 weeks.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::inlove::inlove::inlove:

TB at 9-9 seems like the best compromise to me. They can play an extended 5th if it's a final and the winner won't have to worry about recovering. These 70-68, 26-24 final sets hurt the quality of the sport when the winner is a walking bye in the next round.
I like the idea of a super tiebreak at 12-12 in the decider up until the semifinals. It gives them more than enough time to have a "normal" extended 5th set like an 11-9 or 10-8, but stops it before it gets carried away. Let them play it out for all eternity in the final.

Or they can just ban Isner from the sport since this is all his fault.

·
Rena's Army
34,943 Posts
I think that's the reason no one takes the extended set argument seriously. it's really only been isner. the couple times it happened here at wimbledon it was him. :rolleyes: I can't recall it being this huge issue outside of his two matches but I'm open to correction. most extended sets end up 10-8 11-9 etc. you get two serve bots playing then it's gonna be ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Boo you're reaching here. Fed and Djoker are just lucky that half the slams are on hard courts...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I was literally in depression mode yesterday. I know "it's just a game" but to see Serena so sad after her match yesterday broke me. You could tell she wanted this so much more that than just for the trophy. It was for motherhood and the pride of her new family.

Selfishly I wanted 24 to be done already, so she wouldn't have to stress about it. Will this be like 18 and 22 where she loses a few until she finally reaches it. I hope not.

I've accepted that this is the way it was meant to be though. Gods plan. The draw fell apart completely, but Kerber was supposed to take this one. On to the next.

·
Registered
15,380 Posts
Boo you're reaching here. Fed and Djoker are just lucky that half the slams are on hard courts...
Fed and Nadal are lucky that Djokovic and Murray have gone walkabout for the past couple years and they were able to extend their slam count.

Also, I appreciate Novak giving huge props to Queen in his presser after the semi vs Nadal.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Guess I'll be making the US Open thread.
10 years after her loss to Pluto in the Wimbledon finals.
10 years after dragging Pluto at the US Open and going on to win.
It's destiny.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,324 Posts
:hysteric: Pump sis I knew you would be a mess!

I will let you have it since you have been in a dire drought with Sonic for a while.

Once he can manage 4 more then come at me sis. Until then you can battle out with Sampras stans...who your fave still has not passed. #sad.

And as I always said Queen and King are twins, prove here at this disastrous Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I was literally in depression mode yesterday. I know "it's just a game" but to see Serena so sad after her match yesterday broke me. You could tell she wanted this so much more that than just for the trophy. It was for motherhood and the pride of her new family.

Selfishly I wanted 24 to be done already, so she wouldn't have to stress about it. Will this be like 18 and 22 where she loses a few until she finally reaches it. I hope not.

I've accepted that this is the way it was meant to be though. Gods plan. The draw fell apart completely, but Kerber was supposed to take this one. On to the next.
This was why she came out a nervous wreck and lost. Champions are selfish and only play themselves. To hell with all this motherhood, do it for Olympia and Alexis, narrative her and the media is pushing. Its great for marketing but at the end of the day, Serena is the only one that has to hit the ball.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
This was why she came out a nervous wreck and lost. Champions are selfish and only play themselves. To hell with all this motherhood, do it for Olympia and Alexis, narrative her and the media is pushing. Its great for marketing but at the end of the day, Serena is the only one that has to hit the ball.
Serena has been putting herself under too much pressure. She struggled getting to 18, failed to complete the CYGS, also struggled getting to 22 and tried to win Wimbledon 10 months after giving birth! I wish she would not do this. Inviting Megan didn’t help at all either. When Serena plays the US open it will be just a year since Olympia’s birth (!)

I agree with you, Serena has become less selfish, it seems like she wants to succeed for others (e.g winning Wimbledon for all the mothers). She is not as selfish as she used to be, but that is not necessarily a good thing for a sports athlete. I remember the days Serena would not show any mercy to Venus! It was always Venus who would talk about how happy she is for Serena (2002) and not the other way round.

I hope Serena will let go of the expectations and just play for herself and her family, and nobody else. Win or lose, they will always be there for her (unlike Nike).

1741 - 1757 of 1757 Posts