Tennis Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
she only has 696 points left to defend so hopefully she has some deep runs in a few tournaments so that she can end the year inside the top 15 :)
I was hoping she could make a run at the YEC after her strong showing on clay this year. How so much has changed since then.
I will take a top 20 finish. So eager to see how she is going to look on the hard courts. Kind of a make it or break it hard court season if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Look, I was very disappointed in a R1 loss. I was cursing every UE. But look at some others. 1 former champion lost her 3rd set 6 - 0. The defending champion lost her 3rd set 6 - 1. Carowhine was dissing her opponent in the interview doubting if she would ever win another event. Maria should have won the 2nd set 6 - 3, but at least she didn't disappear in the 3rd set.

Let's see how the US Open series goes.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I was hoping she could make a run at the YEC after her strong showing on clay this year. How so much has changed since then.
I will take a top 20 finish. So eager to see how she is going to look on the hard courts. Kind of a make it or break it hard court season if you ask me.
i think it's important that she ends the year inside the top 15 since there will only be 16 seeds at next years australian open. but yeah excited for the rest of the season. hopefully she wins a title :grin2:

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
i think it's important that she ends the year inside the top 15 since there will only be 16 seeds at next years australian open. but yeah excited for the rest of the season. hopefully she wins a title :grin2:
What is the point of having better seed, when she can lose even to Diatchenko?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
Kerber is on the top of my shit list & I’m not that type of person who lets hate lessen if some players wins slams.Many didn’t give a shit & disliked her before 2016 but now she’s almost a fan fave in Tennis Twitter and here.Wozniacki Halep & Kerber what to say ..Only Novak can make this messy season sweet for me if he wins!!

241 - 249 of 249 Posts