Tennis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
The result obviously sucks but to be fair I wasn't expecting her to do anything relevant here in the first place anyway so hopefully this R1 bomb doesn't allow her to neglect her tennis preparations in coming weeks/months and has the opposite effect/works as a wake up call for her and her team by motivating them to look for solutions to improve and do better in future events where she might (realistically) stand a bigger chance. Cause, I mean she did have a chance to win it, props to her opponent for playing very decently and besides it's not like one loss suddenly means her fighting spirit is gone!!1 or all progress she's achieved on clay is lost imo. The last couple months were still full of pretty positive moments to watch and support her regardless of the slam loss and she's also almost top twenty in the world again. I'd like to believe her body holds up and she puts her all in it again this Summer.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
i will stop rooting for her this year and consider my life choices. 2018 as a maria stan is just toxic. this is the worst that i've ever felt as a fan of hers. very disappointing.
I'll tell lie I say that I dont feel the same. TF no longer interests me that much as well nowadays. And with that top 2 reigning WTA at the moment, I just feel that my days of watching women tennis is over already. With it, my days in TF.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'll tell lie I say that I dont feel the same. TF no longer interests me that much as well nowadays. And with that top 2 reigning WTA at the moment, I just feel that my days of watching women tennis is over already. With it, my days in TF.
#Metoo. Men's tennis is better quality anyways.

Maria is a shell of her former self, and she hasn't been playing well since Rome. In Rome, she was exhausted af but damn she was sharp from the baseline..
Idk what has happened since.
Fucking first round of Wimbledon though :facepalm: I still can't believe it. What an embarrassment.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
#Metoo. Men's tennis is better quality anyways.

Maria is a shell of her former self, and she hasn't been playing well since Rome. In Rome, she was exhausted af but damn she was sharp from the baseline..
Idk what has happened since.
Fucking first round of Wimbledon though :facepalm: I still can't believe it. What an embarrassment.
Maybe it's because I didn't watch the match, or maybe because my expectations are so low nowadays that I expect mediocrity or maybe it's because I find her "friends" so repulsive but I don't see or feel any embarrassment in losing at a r1 at Wimbledon. Or it could be that after the fake moralism displayed during the ban I ' m thrown off completely by them and I simply don't give a fuck anymore about their shitty, archaic, conservative, traditionalist ( aka everything I hate in life ) tournament. Afterall I didn't feel anything not even with vikasaurus and kvitova out. I 'my just whatever about everything and I only find joy when western spoiled brats lose ( Watson, bellis, Collins, Stephens and the likes )

After the drug story it's just not the same. They ruined all the fun.

Now I' my just hoping Federer loses so that with Murray out the shitty British media and fake bbc have less to talk about.

·
Re: Wimbledon 2018:A colossal flop & Messiest of Mess

This match was horrible and possibly the first time the grunting got to me. Maria was losing on serve and with her groundstrokes.

I kind of feel it's what she deserves considering she didn't bother to play any proper grass lead ups.

She should take a WC to the International Event in Russia coming up. She needs some match wins and wouldn't have had a competitive match for weeks if she waits for Stanford.
It's absolutely what she deserves. She probably spent more time in her Sugarpova pop-up store than she did on court at Wimbledon which says it all. Luckily I stopped caring about Sharapova's career so much after her Asian swing last year, I just totally lost the passion I once had for it. So this match didn't hurt me as much as it would have a few years ago. If she wants to turn this around and start taking tennis more seriously and put her businesses to one side for now, great, if she wants to continue to use tennis as a marketing scheme in order to promote her businesses more before she retires then that's fine too. I honestly don't care that much anymore. I'm still rooting for her though.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Re: Wimbledon 2018:A colossal flop & Messiest of Mess

It's absolutely what she deserves. She probably spent more time in her Sugarpova pop-up store than she did on court at Wimbledon which says it all. Luckily I stopped caring about Sharapova's career so much after her Asian swing last year, I just totally lost the passion I once had for it. So this match didn't hurt me as much as it would have a few years ago. If she wants to turn this around and start taking tennis more seriously and put her businesses to one side for now, great, if she wants to continue to use tennis as a marketing scheme in order to promote her businesses more before she retires then that's fine too. I honestly don't care that much anymore. I'm still rooting for her though.
Honestly do you think her problem is the amount of time she spent in her business shop? For real?

Not that I care that much because her idea of life, values etc. is the opposite of mine , but for what I saw the shop wasn't even there the first week she was in London. So she had a full week of training. Blaming her caring for her business venture for her flop the other day is not fair.

And don't you think that she knows that amid the British media bad coverage of her the best way to promote her business is to win as many matches as possible and stay in the news and in the eyes of people as much as she can?

She choked, plain and simple. Maybe also because of the added pressure above. She freaking df on MP.

And fuck, better to promote her business than shitty , amoral, overpriced Nike like she did many times. Or slacking through shitty art gallery and NY.

And she can't do just tennis in her life. That's not healthy.

She should completely change the environment she's in and the people around herself. That's the real problem and the cause of her shitty mentality. They are just bad and bearer of bad news.

I think she doesn't realize it because we live in such shitty times that a toxic environment doesn't appear so .But it is, believe me on that. Society is going down the drain.

She has many issues but her business is not one of the them. She also had the shop there previous years when she got better results.

Don't blame her poor performance on her business. You are looking in the wrong direction.

·
I honestly can't be bothered arguing about what the reasons were :lol: I'm genuinely not that interested in Maria's career at this point. Like I said if she improves then great but if she doesn't then oh well :shrug:

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
A lot of people who were not expected to lose, are losing this year......but 5-2 in the second set, and not getting it done....Maria gets a special prize for getting things undone with the double fault in the third set.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
I honestly can't be bothered arguing about what the reasons were :lol: I'm genuinely not that interested in Maria's career at this point. Like I said if she improves then great but if she doesn't then oh well :shrug:
Can't blame you. I'm this way since 2014 but at least I had other faves to make up for it like vikasaurus, kvitova, kerberos, jj and a general snarky but funny atmosphere on tf.

Since the advent of twitter and shitty sites graphics not even the web is that fun anymore. The doping fake moralism was the icing on the cake. Just don't give 2 shit about tennis anymore.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It’s a match, don’t act it’s the end of the world! This is sports! She didn’t win when she should then she needs to learn from it and move on. What’s the point of dwelling on this loss and thankfully tons of top players lost early as well so it didn’t look at bad. It’s obvious she didn’t prepare enough for grasscourts and she admitted it. So if she does play still next year she needs to reassess her schedule so she peaked at the right time

·
Registered
820 Posts
It's been a while since I post here and what I am about to say is not coming from any mean or bad place but I feel like its time for Maria to end her career. I know she wants to prove to everyone that all of her win before the ban weren't cause of Meldonium but I fell like she is not mentaly and psyhically in the game. Age is huge aspect of it. Her lost and style she done it is not so surprising cause after her ban I saw this "Maria" few time now. I't just time for Maria to face the reality that this maybe the time to end this chapter of your life and start new one.

·
Registered
52,971 Posts
Jelena Ostapenko had no problems with Diatchenko, destroyed her 6-0 6-4 ! :eek:

Maria :ras: This was such a disappointing Wimbledon R1 loss ...

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Thankfully Maria doesn't have the same negative attitude a lot of you have.

How can some of you follow this woman, and talk about quitting, giving up and retiring so easily because things aren't going her way?
What person, no, what career have you been watching?

This part of her career is all about lows, and it's about getting through them for the few good ones.
Playing now is about showing character. Giving up is easy, but to keep going takes guts and courage.

And just look at the draw, nearly all the top players have already fallen. Not to mention that Maria hasn't been a factor on grass for years.
That being said, I still believe Maria can win something massive again. But I've already accepted that it might not happen as well if her body doesn't hold up.

Some of you need to check your expectations.

·
Premium Member
27,120 Posts
Gosh what an awful flop this tournament has turned out to be

Pretty much all the top players gone bar 3

And I agree with what Maria Croft has said...the negativety here is off the charts...tone it down a little.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Gosh what an awful flop this tournament has turned out to be

Pretty much all the top players gone bar 3

And I agree with what Maria Croft has said...the negativety here is off the charts...tone it down a little.
Have you seen her last two matches?

She just lost in the first round of a grand slam, id say we're mindless idiots if we weren't negative.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Have you seen her last two matches?

She just lost in the first round of a grand slam, id say we're mindless idiots if we weren't negative.
Not only that, the worrying thing is that after an acceptable clay season - which was still worse than every clay season from 2011 to 2015 - she's moving in the wrong direction again. If you count the exho matches in, she lost 3 of 4 latest matches, and all 3 losses were horrible.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
she only has 696 points left to defend so hopefully she has some deep runs in a few tournaments so that she can end the year inside the top 15 :)

221 - 240 of 249 Posts