Tennis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
She looks as always. So shitty as in the last few years but that' S what you get when you follow fad diets and quack medicine.

She also sounds as always as well. Delusional as ivanovic with her process talk though .

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Is she continuing to play for marketing reasons? Just seems like she is going through the motions tennis wise.
Obviously. She already wanted to retire in 2016 and that's a mental space that won't go away.

However , almost all players over 30 keep going for marketing reasons or to earn more money in the case of journeyman/ woman.

If the PC above doesn't show you she's going through the motions even there I don't know what will.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Completely heart broken for her, and I'm not even mad, just pure sadness for her. I honestly didnt see this coming.
I suppose I can comment more clearly after a couple more days..

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Re: Wimbledon 2018:A colossal flop & Messiest of Mess

I did try to get the visa, beg my boss and fly all the way from Asia to the UK for you Maria. You disappointed me. And I witnessed her loss to Kerber here too. How nice.
Big hug. I know that feeling when you did all that hustle only to turn out disappointed. Must suck hard you got Mugria twice in year :tears:

·
Registered
24,345 Posts
So she wanted to play Birmingham, but felt she had too many matches in a row; given her injuries, I understand, but why not taking a WC in Eastbourne and get a couple of matches there?

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
So she wanted to play Birmingham, but felt she had too many matches in a row; given her injuries, I understand, but why not taking a WC in Eastbourne and get a couple of matches there?
She's lying. She couldn't play Birmingham. Just leave it at that. And why play the week before a slam when she can have a calm preparation in London for 2 weeks. Halep and muguruza did fine yesterday for example.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Did not see that much about shitty environment and playing for marketing reasons during clay season. :zzz: :zzz:
Playing for marketing reason is not bad per se. The majority of people in life do a job because they have to not because they want to.

For what I saw about rg she didn't play good there and many pointed that out. The shitty environment is what is keeping her giving stinker of a performance like the ones against vekic, muguruza , yesterday, Barty and so on.

That's why hoping that suddenly the tables will turn is delusional at best. It won't.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Fed_up, seriously LEARN when to shut the hell up for once. Im all open for any warranted criticism (i even liked some of your pov), but TODAY is totally not the time to play "I told you so" game.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
If this loss won,t wake her then nothing will
Career worst 4 strt loses woke her temporaily during clay season but it was clay and even there she was choking & trying soo hard to gift matches....I don’t think we’ll witness any positives until some drastic change occurs in her pathetic mentality,which seems more and more unlikey going by the way this year has progressed so far :sad:

·
Registered
83,559 Posts
One day later and I am still under shock. Can´t believe that.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Career worst 4 strt loses woke her temporaily during clay season but it was clay and even there she was choking & trying soo hard to gift matches....I don’t think we’ll witness any positives until some drastic change occurs in her pathetic mentality,which seems more and more unlikey going by the way this year has progressed so far :sad:
She had nothing to lose at that point. She was the underdog so almost no mental pressure. As soon as she was a " favorite " once again aka rg, she started playing worse. And as you said , she was still choking ( penko match) .

She needs drastic changes but she won't do it. Too late for that. Wait for the same art gallery / ny pr routine.

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Maria out in R1 :facepalm: :explode: :help:

7-6 5-2 lead and still she lost ! :banghead:
Maria used to be mentally strong. Now she is a choker :rolleyes:

Too bad serving, too many UEs, too passive
Maria's serve used to be a weapon. Now it is a mess. 8 Aces, 11 DFs ! :eek:

At least I like Diatchenko !
Vitalia had so many injuries who interrupted/almost killed her career
She definitely deserves this. I am happy for her !

Sadly Maria now is an inconsistent mess with a weak serve
And she used to be a strong, consistent player with a great serve
(Also the age does not help. Maria is 31 yo now :sad:)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wish some would lay off those mentality posts. It's more physical than mental at this point. There are consistent flaws in her game, movement is one of them and of course the serve. She is getting older, so reflexes are slowing down and she's just not as on it as she used to be. And let's be honest, she was never fast around the court on her best days. It happens to everyone though. Mother time catches up with everyone.

If you pay attention in this match, she had so many half swings, hitting consistently late, because she just doesn't have enough time to react to the fast balls that Diatchenko was dealing her. It's a consistent problem whenever she has faced a power hitter since her come back, and its also the reason her best results lately would come on clay courts, and slower hard courts.

For her to be successful (back to being a top 5 player) from now on I think she needs to make her serve a consistent weapon, a la Pliskova. From what I've seen, I don't think she can do that. But she cannot just rely on her ground game anymore because with today's players it is not as effective anymore. All that mental toughness talk is nonsense. We know she used to be the strongest in that area, and that always stays with you. But if the physical side dips to a certain level, the mental side cannot make up for it.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
^ Good.

Also, her dress looked pretty good. What a shame.
I agree. Bodywise, she has never looked better.

Still....heresy, perhaps......but with so many times her running out of gas, I would not mind seeing her put on 10 or 15 pounds, being ridiculed for thunderous thighs, and a noticable belly, starting out slow, but holding serve on sheer power, and overpowering people in the second or third sets, because she still has plenty of fuel in the tank.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts