Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This turned out to be nightmare.Her perfect Wimby R1 record is gone...Results wise it’s 2010 all over again albeit an even poorer version.Its a career low. I am neither sad nor happy just empty...really empty.At least I’ve got Flop thread maker tag.Hugs to you all it was a terrible nightmare-ish display we all want to forget but doubt we can.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Re: Wimbledon 2018:Channel the grasscourter within and RISE!!!

Ugh, coming to Wimbledon without any match on grass for almost 3 years is not really encouraging :lol: I just hope she can get to R4 at the very least. Grant my wish, God (or better) :tears:

Any news on her Wimbledon dress? Please be divine :sobbing:

Annoying.
Um what? :lol:

·
Banned
117 Posts

Wimbledon 2004 was the tournament which made Maria the biggest and richest female sports star ever.It will always be special but Marias loss against garbine made me lose all hope for her

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wimbledon 2004 was the tournament which made Maria the biggest and richest female sports star ever.It will always be special but Marias loss against garbine made me lose all hope for her
Indeed it was a bad loss in terms of bad tennis in general that day - it kind of left the entire clay season a bad taste in the mouth given she seemed to play way better in Rome than Paris. But whatever happened happened already so no point of looking back now. Given last year she did not play and this year she was a QF regardless how she got there it was a positive. I feel though that her last slam win will be actually a USO instead.

Two weeks is long enough for preparation. Let’s hope the draw holds up. I wanna look forward to next weeks exho first

·
Registered
13,255 Posts

The thread title. :lol:

Maybe if she does well then it would be worth it to start putting in more effort in the threads again.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts

Hope for what? It depends on your expectations. If you think she will suddenly have the brain she had 10 years ago, or transforms her body in a different one ( with all the quack diets so prevalent in the scamming country she lives in that are always deficient in something no chance of that happening) then you are delusional.

If your expectations are that she will win some big matches here and there then a good chance of that happening .

·
Registered
14,342 Posts

She ain't doing shit on the grass.
She should take it as a vacation. With zero pressure. But it won't happen after everything
the media wrote and her clear incapability to face a big match on a big stage as shown both at ao and rg.
I'm already dreading the art gallery and food pictures in the next few days. Two long weeks of this shit.

Reactions: GrumpyCat

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re: Wimbledon 2018:Time to Channel the grasscourter within

Its anyone's guess how she will do. As always really depends on the draw. If she ends up in the same quarter as Serena I will cry.

She didn't play that well in 2015 and managed to get to the SF. I would happily take a R4 or better this year.

She has arrived super early at the All England Club looking at her Instagram stories so she is serious about making a run here.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts

If that unforgivable flop to Mug doesn't light a fire under her ass then nothing will. Happy to see she's already on site and preparing.

Reactions: Sharapovalov

·
Registered
231 Posts

Honestly expecting a third round, or 4th round if we're lucky.

That Mug match really took a lot out of my hope in Maria. Ridiculous. Disgusting. Yuck.

·
Registered
10,988 Posts

Aside from the years where she was injured, Maria actually hasn't had any bad losses here.
With the right draw, she could definitely win a couple of rounds.

Reactions: Twerkpova

·
Registered
2,908 Posts

Um what? :lol:
It's messy as hell basing a slam thread around a title win that was 14 years ago. Particularly when she's still on the road back to the damn top 20, let alone contending for slams, let alone a slam on her worst surface. I'm all for optimism and nostalgia, but let's live a little more in the present no?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

It's messy as hell basing a slam thread around a title win that was 14 years ago. Particularly when she's still on the road back to the damn top 20, let alone contending for slams, let alone a slam on her worst surface. I'm all for optimism and nostalgia, but let's live a little more in the present no?
Greatness is timeless and doesn't need to have ranking anyway.

(Fine, fine, coming back to reality in two weeks)

1 - 20 of 249 Posts