Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A surprise for the win like did Maria?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not thinking only about her,maybe a few others players can do really well in this Winbledon like Groenfeld,Ivanovic or peer.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
Off the top of my head, I see three players going deep into the draw. Once it hits the semi's, anything is possible this year.

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
No way.

No more 2004's pls!!!!!!

Venus will show em how to defend a title! :worship: :bounce:

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
There is definitely a chance for a surprise victory. Lindsay and Serena are out, Pierce could be as well.

Off the top of my head, I can see Venus, Hingis, Clijsters, Sharapova, Kuzy and maybe Henin reaching the quarters (obviously dependant on their draws). Other than those players, there aren't really any consistent slam performers at the moment and there should be at least 3-4 places in the QF for some younger players.

·
King
28,740 Posts
Well it wont be Vaidisova. Unlike Sharapova Vaidisova has had a huge tournament at RG beating Mauresmo and Vee and if she plays a top player they will not underestimate her and take her out in straights. The smart money is on vee this yr :)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
as long as Watts is miles away from any match, then I expect a Venus victory. no repeats of 2004, plleesssss. . .

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,602 Posts
ANNa-Lena :haha: :haha:

Remember she lost to O'Donoghue here last year :help:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I think this is a really open tournament. The two recent champs in the draw - Maria and Venus - haven't looked very convincing and I think there's certainly the possibility of a suprise. That said, I still think one of: Maria, Venus, Justine, Sveta and Amelie will take it none of whom would be a huge shock. So, while we could see a suprise semi-finalist or finalist, I think the champion is going to be one of the usual suspects.

·
Registered
13,743 Posts
I'd be happy if one of, Maria Kirilenko, Maria Sharapova, Anna C, Daniela or Vaidisova were to win Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have a feeling that Mauresmo is going to do very well here so no repeat of 2004.
She and Kuznetsova are good grass players. Sharapova is not playing very well, I think she has lost some of her confidence.

I hope Venus will surprise everyone again though and defend:yeah:.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,224 Posts
TomTennis said:
No way.

No more 2004's pls!!!!!!

Venus will show em how to defend a title! :worship: :bounce:
Yep!

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Why was 2004 so bad guys? I don't get it.

Maria, Venus or Nicole will win Wimbledon, as far as I can tell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts