Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Donna was in the lead for most of that third set. Her mental frailty really is staggering.

Good for Ali to really tough this match out. She was chasing Donna around, and when she had her opportunities, she did a good job of playing the steadier tennis.

Overall, a fairly decent match with lots of a nice rallies and winners.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Great battling performance Ali, and time for everyone afterwards :hearts:

Donna :hug:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I was watching from 3-4 in the 3rd set and Riske was great! She can make a deep run here

·
Registered
34,116 Posts
Good battle, too bad it had to just dribble away at the end, Vekic way too mentally fragile. Congrats to Ali for gutting it out. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
44,019 Posts
ooooh, my nerves....

Go Alison :yeah:

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Gosh! Donna is talented but such a mental midget. It hurts.

·
Always and forever.
33,800 Posts
Donna leading 4-1 and having opportunities for a 5-1 lead in the third :eek:

This shouldn't have been a R1 to be honest, between two very good grass players. well played Ali ::yeah: Nice to see her win close matches lately for a change.

Donna :hug:

·
Witthöft stan
17,120 Posts
Really great grass court tennis. Gutted that Donna couldn't pull out a win. She got fucked by having to wait 4 hours for the roof to close and then come out and serve at 5-5 in the third after blowing a 4-1 lead.

Hopefully Ali finally makes a deep run at a Wimbledon and makes the QF or something. Donna can't lose just for Ali to lose to someone like Jorovic :sobbing:

Reactions: danieln1 and Perun

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Using the roof for just two games. :lol:

Tough draw for both. Gotta feel for Donna as i'm a fan and she IS very mentally frail, but she had her chances and was playing against an opponent who is just as bad if not worse in that department (I mean Riske was 4/21 on BPs).

I feel grass-goat Riske was the better player overall and earned this win. In fact she probably should have taken the first set if she was more clutch - 1/11 in break chances. It's hard being a Riske fan for MANY reasons, but chief among them is watching her level drop about 95% when she has a break point on her opponent’s serve. :hysteric:

Hope she can keep going! :)

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Just another day at the office for Donna. Disappointing really how many matches she blows from a winning position.

Well done to Alison though, she had to chase the scoreline for most of the match, and always found a way back (with some help from Donna ofcourse).

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
Donna could have gone very very far with the level she had in that first set.

It's such a damn shame she is so mentally frail. But she is still young and has all the talent in the world. Hopefully she can learn how to put it all together.

So happy for Grass GOAT Ali. She is such a delight! :hearts:

Reactions: Perun

·
Premium Member
44,019 Posts
I think we all knew as early as we discovered the draw that this one would be tight...

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
21,762 Posts
I'm betting Madonna Vekic is regretting her request to have the roof closed right about now...

:eek:h:

that long delay completely destroyed whatever mental stability she had left.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Riske is so difficult to put away in matches, she always keeps coming back.
It has to be someone with more conviction and belief than Vekic has.
Donna keeps losing close matches in similar fashion, very concerning.

It is a shame this was a first round match because both of them could have otherwise gone far here.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts