·
Registered
2,165 Posts
First scalp on the run for the title :kiss:
Zhu :hug:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ah yes, Karo at grandslams as we know and love her :spit: She was her Eastbourne self until 3-1 when she suddenly became too tight and made too many UEs, and in the second set, she just couldn't hit through Zhu's serve for the longest time. Good for her to weather this storm though, for sure. Hopefully next match will be better, but knowing her Wimby record... :scared:

We can hope it was just a first match nerves. She always says that's where the pressure is the biggest, as she doesn't want to lose in R1... And to be fair, although Zhu doesn't have many watches won on WTA (and none at GS) under her belt, she has managed to take sets from good players in the past (and beaten Mertens iirc), which makes the score just a tiny bit better to look at :lol:

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
35,059 Posts
Second set was surprisingly competitive. Zhu hit some great winners there but her choke was absolutely inevitable. :lol:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Kaja was definetely nervous. But I am very happy with the result.

Great match by Zhu. I wonder how people that saying that Zhu shouldn't be in the draw feel now. She had multiple SP against one of the favourites of the tournament.

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Judging from what I saw today, I think Karo isn't going to go deep in Wimbledon this year, let alone win it.

Such a contrast from Saturday's level. Very poor footwork and ROS in patches. Started well up till 3-1 but after that it was pretty much a scrap.

Needs to improve massively.

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
Very lacklustre performance by Karo in Set 2, even had to fight off several setpoints. Conchita looked nervous as hell :lol:

Understandable though after a long & successful week in Eastbourne and considering the expected early struggle with adjusting to different courts in London.

Onwards!

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Zhu even had a SP in the second. :hysteric: Gave me a big scare for my Skan team. I knew picking Pliskova was a big mistake. :help:

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
of course she was nervous and maybe a bit gassed from eastbourne, but as if she would lose to freaking zhu. :spit:

·
Registered
45,038 Posts
What a surprise to see such a drop in form so quickly. :rolls: :hysteric: I just can’t really get my hopes up with her in slams anymore. Even if she manages to go deep she looks so uninspired during slams and can’t find another level when necessary. Monica will be a massive threat next round. At least she can’t complain about not being tested. :spit:

Lin :hug: Saw her in qualifying two years ago and she looked quite capable on grass. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts