Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am female 34yo, currently quite close to become 4.0 player and I am considering buying a new racquet.
I am playing with Wilson Six.One Team 95, 18x20 289g weight with added additional 9g of lead (to head). I consider myself to be a good baseliner. I like to mix my forehand from flat to topspin while my one handed backhand is mostly flat or sliced (both offence and defence).
Things I want from racquet: good feel and control, to be manoeuvrable, with medium access to power.

I was demoing some of the racquets but i could not find the perfect match yet:
Babolat Aeroprodrive - feel and pop was terrible
Head Graphene MP - solid stick but too similar to my current racket, i am not feeling i could improve my game with this stick.
Head Graphene PRO - difficult to handle
Head Radical MP- did not appreciate how it is balanced
Wilson 97 pro staff - good feel and control, i liked that, it was a bit too much head light for my preference and also a bit too heavy

I would like to try out WILSON BLADE but they are not available for demoing in my country.
I am interested in all 3 versions, however i believe that 18x20 string pattern might be too much for me (not much power). Definitely interested in 98 16x19 or even 104!

What do you think?

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
I have the Wilson 18x120 originally had the 18x19 which I hated because 18x19 patterns give me too much power. The racquet is solid on serves and returns...I had to stop using stiff strings with this racquet though because I started to develop tennis elbow.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
104 blade (Serena's and Venus' racquet) is very nice, feels smooth. I've heard good reviews about the 98 too, it's very popular.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I've tried Blade 98s and it's a bit to demanding for me and lacks some power. All of the Blades looks very interesting. I like to play aggressive from base line with heavy spin and especially forehand winners. Was thinking about Blade 101l. All of the 12, 13 years old club players use it.

What do you think? Yeah, I know it kind of has to be Blade. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts