Tennis Forum banner

What result do you 'WANT' to see?

• Serena "doing the Steffi-Zvereva": a 32-minute 6-0 6-0 drubbing of an upstart

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Serena coming through in a classic, tough 3-set marathon

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • I really couldn't care less who wins.

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Maria coming through in a classic, tough 3-set marathon

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Maria "nothing to lose" Sharapova winning convincingly against the nervy defending champ

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's it to be? :wavey:

·
Registered
932 Posts
i hope its longer than 32 minutes...Maybe an nice number like 45

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Just Serena winning would be great...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ballbuster said:
I'm hoping for a cute number like 42.
how about a naughty # like 69?

but i would like that 42 if both sets went to 21 minutes cause my b-day is on the 21st

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,957 Posts
I wish Masha wins of course. I honestly though expected that the final will be again some all-something boring crap ( all-American, all-Williams ), and I am leaving for some hiking trip for long weekend into some remote place so I won't be even able to know the score until Tuesday morning or Monday night:(. My VCR will be ON though.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,886 Posts
ys said:
I wish Masha wins of course. I honestly though expected that the final will be again some all-something boring crap ( all-American, all-Williams ), and I am leaving for some hiking trip for long weekend into some remote place so I won't be even able to know the score until Tuesday morning or Monday night:(. My VCR will be ON though.
I can send you an SMS :drool:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
ys said:

You'll find a way to find out the score - thus, your trip will not be totally destroyed. Because in the back of that mind you truly know: Sharapova has no chance!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,886 Posts
Ballbuster said:
You'll find a way to find out the score - thus, your trip will not be totally destroyed. Because in the back of that mind you truly know: Sharapova has no chance!
Yeah, right :rolleyes:
She's gonna be destroyed out there like a piece of shit in 9 minutes per set :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I'll be looking for wardrobe malfunctions. :cool:

Reactions: gorecki

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I'm having this love/hate thing with Maria.

Hate the hype and the fawning from journalists and tv
commentators who now seem to
think she's the new Roger Federer! :tape:

Women's tennis needs Maria. Someone younger needs to
to beat the top players. At the rate it was going, women's tennis
coverage could've been nada by the US OPEN! Everyone's
tired, injured or AWOL.

I do not want to see a Natasha Zvereva special on WIMBLEDON.
Can't see why anybody would wish that on Maria?. It would do
nobody any good. It would be funnier if Maria won, because I'd
like to see how people will justify Serena's loss, especially here
up at GM. :tape:

Reactions: gorecki

·
Registered
969 Posts
I Love Sharapova

Those of you who think Serena is going to run away with this match are crazy. If anything Maria Sharapova wins this one in a land slide. ;)

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
I just hope Maria puts out a good fight out there. She has exceeded all expectations at this tournament, and she will have many attempts to win this tournament in future. I am not a Serena fan, but I acknowledge she is a better player than Maria right now, indeed, she is an all time great. As long as Maria tries her best, keeps the scoreline close, she should come away very proud and will be all the better from the experience!

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,957 Posts
For Serena it is not a match for threepeat, not just a match for Williams. She is the last remaining stronghold of American tennis, that used to be so dominant. Capriati, Davenport, Seles , Rubin are fading and their days are counted. Venus might be back some day, but now she is rattled. Serena is the last one standing. And nobody behind her. Masha has a chance to deliver a decisive body blow to clear way for herself and for other young girls. Should Masha win, Saturday will be beginning of the end of American tennis. Should she lose, that day is still inevitable and coming soon. But Masha can make it happen the day after tomorrow. Bury it.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
ys said:
For Serena it is not a match for threepeat, not just a match for Williams. She is the last remaining stronghold of American tennis, that used to be so dominant. Capriati, Davenport, Seles , Rubin are fading and their days are counted. Venus might be back some day, but now she is rattled. Serena is the last one standing. And nobody behind her. Masha has a chance to deliver a decisive body blow to clear way for herself and for other young girls. Should Masha win, Saturday will be beginning of the end of American tennis. Should she lose, that day is still inevitable and coming soon. But Masha can make it happen the day after tomorrow. Bury it.
Don't mean to bust your bubble but the "Russian girls" most of whom, are already in their 20's have shown that they're only 5-15 players. The recent strong showings at slams by them coincides with the absence of Justine (well she might as well not have been at the French), Kim and Venus' slump.

I agree that Capriati, Davenport, Seles and Rubin are on the way out, but as long as they're playing can still take out any given Russian on a good day.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Greenout said:
I'm having this love/hate thing with Maria.

Hate the hype and the fawning from journalists and tv
commentators who now seem to
think she's the new Roger Federer! :tape:

Women's tennis needs Maria. Someone younger needs to
to beat the top players. At the rate it was going, women's tennis
coverage could've been nada by the US OPEN! Everyone's
tired, injuried or AWOL.

I do not want to see a Natasha Zvereva special on WIMBLEDON.
Can't see why anybody would wish that on Maria?. It would do
nobody any good. It would be funnier if Maria won, because I'd
like to see how people will justify Serena's loss, especially here
up at GM. :tape:
not roger, they arent that senseless. maybe andy, but definitely not roger.

anyway, i dont want to see serena piss on maria. i want an exciting match, cos i am tired of hearing how predictable and boring womens tennis is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts