Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/2976940.stm

Sisters handed doubles wildcard

The All England Club have given a wildcard to Venus and Serena Williams to play in the doubles at Wimbledon.
The sisters do not play enough doubles throughout the year to qualify direct but as reigning champions have been handed the wildcard.

Britain's Richard Bloomfield and Jamie Delgado won their places in the main draw for the men's singles via the new Wimbledon wildcard play-off event.

Compatriots Arvind Parmar and Mark Hilton will join them.

America's Corina Morariu, who has battled back from cancer, has been offered the chance to play in the women's singles.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
go Williams!!!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
per4ever said:
let them play qualies!
LOL why don't they just give them the trophy.hehehe...I hope they'll meet the Belgian Sisters in the doubles Finals.:worship:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Vivi and Paola will be hungry for revenge
Vamos chicas ganad Wimbledon:bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
cheeky said:
per4ever said:
let them play qualies![/QUOTE
why they're the defending champions!!!
I don't know..it seems so unfair to me. Other teams have to work and play enough tournaments to get in..and then two players who rarely play doubles get in just like that..even get seeded.

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poor Navratilova is all I can say...I cant see her and Sveta beating the Willies on grass...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
per4ever said:
I don't know..it seems so unfair to me. Other teams have to work and play enough tournaments to get in..and then two players who rarely play doubles get in just like that..even get seeded.
oh well, it's just the prize of winning the GS before....let those teams win a GS also, so they won't have a hard next time....The williams has earned this and rightfully deserves this treatment. :worship:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
JonBcn said:
Poor Navratilova is all I can say...I cant see her and Sveta beating the Willies on grass...
hopefully, they won't meet them in the early rounds. :angel:

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
Nice to see Corina get one :) No offence to the Brits that missed out...but I think it will be put to better use with her.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Wahoo! Go for Ladies' sweep, V&S! :bounce: :worship: :hearts: :kiss:

Yay Corina! :kiss:

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
I'm happy Corina got one. :)
Serena has a ranking. Venus didn't play much that's why they have to get a wildcard to enter. Serena's ranked 11.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Vivi and Paola better start practicing considering they will have to face ai and kim as well as the sisters supreme.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
LOL, CD.

why is Paola still playing on clay... she should have used this week to play on grass... :rolleyes: :angel:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
per4ever said:
It's only unfair to you because it is the Williams sisters and they win. Face facts; they have won 6 Grand Slam doubles titles, including two at Wimbeldon. Why should they have to play qualification rounds when others who have not achieved as much as them should get a wild card?

Get real.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts