Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's not like we haven't had sister acts before, and the Maleevas kinda ruined it for everyone, but is three sets of sisters in the top hunred not as least a little unusual?

Measured against everyone trying, Urszula Radwanska is among the top ten percent of female tennis players in the world. Probably ONE percent. Only the best get to the WTA, and UR is in the top ten percent of those players.

Tennis parents the world over ought to study Radwanska(s) and Bondarenko(s). You can make it work even your kids are NOT elite players. But if your kid isn't, AT LEAST Urszula Radwanska, she'd be way better off getting an MBA.

·
Registered
29,563 Posts
I can't believe I just seen talent like the WS' mentioned in a title with two nobody jokes :eek:

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
..... two nobody jokes ....
So step up and say it. Do you REALLY belive you'd be a top hundred player on the tour assigned to your gender? Hell, even if you ARE a guy, do you actually believe you'd beat a top hundred WTA player? And if you don't, they're BETTER than you. So, maybe, just a suggestion... STFU.

Reactions: oliviasmith

·
Registered
54,523 Posts
Actually, the Bondarenkos are 3 sisters and the oldest one (Valeria) was a tennis player once...reaching a career high ranking of #636 in 2002 :lol:
She even won a WTA match in Palermo qualies one year only to go on a 16 match losing streak after that :help:

This is her:

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
Actually, the Bondarenkos are 3 sisters and the oldest one (Valeria) was a tennis player once...reaching a career high ranking of #636 in 2002 :lol:
She even won a WTA match in Palermo qualies one year only to go on a 16 match losing streak after that :help:

This is her:

Wow three :lol:

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I think it works only in families that completly committed to the sport. I know little about Bondarenkos, but Williams sisters and Radwanskas have their immediate families constantly travelling with them and that is only the tip of the iceberg. To do that a family needs to make an investment. I am not sure if anyone can take this type of a risk.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I think it works only in families that completly committed to the sport. I know little about Bondarenkos, but Williams sisters and Radwanskas have their immediate families constantly travelling with them and that is only the tip of the iceberg. To do that a family needs to make an investment. I am not sure if anyone can take this type of a risk.[/quote]
I think it is more to do with talent than money. look at the likes of Jacelyn hewiit and Elke Clijsters, they were not short of a dollar and but did not quite make it.
I also think Ursula is on her way up and I expect a top twenty soon.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
To get two children into the same elite sport partly depends on how the parents handle the inevitable sibling rivalry. It'd be critical to channel that competition so the sibs get better at their tennis and don't feel threatened by the others' success. Not the easiest parenting task to accomplish.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
The Bondarenko sisters are Slam champs. Doubles, yeah. But oddly, I have yet to find one of those in any of the many boxes of Cracker Jacks I've consumed over the years. I should be such a nobody joke.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
To get two children into the same elite sport partly depends on how the parents handle the inevitable sibling rivalry. It'd be critical to channel that competition so the sibs get better at their tennis and don't feel threatened by the others' success. Not the easiest parenting task to accomplish.
exactly....yet it's so easy for some boneheads to believe the Williams family achieved this by fixing matches, and then not understand why people take offense to that.

·
Registered
47,545 Posts
exactly....yet it's so easy for some boneheads to believe the Williams family achieved this by fixing matches, and then not understand why people take offense to that.
What can you do, huh?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What about the Bogdan sisters?
How many times has this been bought up ?

They are not sisters ! :lol: They arent related...

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
I think it is more to do with talent than money. look at the likes of Jacelyn hewiit and Elke Clijsters, they were not short of a dollar and but did not quite make it.
I also think Ursula is on her way up and I expect a top twenty soon.
While Jacelyn Hewitt sucked badly, Elke was actually the more talented of the Clijsters sisters. She had far too many injuries to ever do anything. This was said by everyone who knew them while they were younger.

What I found really strange was that Kim never played doubles with Elke. Elke had some pretty good results as a doubles player during her junior days. If anything, Kim's experience could have carried them through a few matches.

·
Registered
43,726 Posts
So step up and say it. Do you REALLY belive you'd be a top hundred player on the tour assigned to your gender? Hell, even if you ARE a guy, do you actually believe you'd beat a top hundred WTA player? And if you don't, they're BETTER than you. So, maybe, just a suggestion... STFU.
Uh..:help::help::help:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts