Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Urm I dont think Rubin was seeded in LA last year, I could be wrong, but I make her outside the top 20

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
No she was the 12th seed.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Serena hasn´t lost to anyone outside of the top 20 in YEARS!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Patty Schnyder was outside the top 20 when she beat Serena, and Meghann Shaugnessy.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Patty Schnyder was outside the top 20 when she beat Serena, and Meghann Shaugnessy.
Meghann wasn´t even a real win and Patty was before she became no.1

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Yes but you said in SERENA HASNT LOST TO ANYONE OUTSIDE THE TOP 20 IN YEARS, which took it outside of the realm of the question.

Reactions: faboozadoo15

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
real win? whatever

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
As a player myself I wouldn't consider 5-4 retired a real win if I got it or a real loss if I had to retire. It goes down as a win for Meghann but I'm sure neither Meghann or Serena consider that a "win" for Meghann.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Yes but you said in SERENA HASNT LOST TO ANYONE OUTSIDE THE TOP 20 IN YEARS, which took it outside of the realm of the question.
:worship: :lol:

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
Did Meghann play her next match? Did she collect the money that she won for reaching the next round? I am pretty sure she didn't decline it because it wasn't a win.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Right, I don't to the insipid little interent argument thing but as someone who has played on the satellite tour myself ( and yes I know it's not all that great a standard to have achieved ) not one player would consider 5-4 a victory. Nothing against Meghann, nothing against Serena, merely a fact .

·
Banned
821 Posts
Maleeva beat Venus in Moscow last year. I believe Maleeva wasn't seeded there. Venus was seeded no.1 and they met I remember in the second round after Venus recieved a first round bye.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I hallucinated and read the thread title as "Serena Williams never beaten by an unseeded player?". No wonder examples for Venus were brought up.

·
Banned
12 Posts
1jackson2001 said:
I hallucinated and read the thread title as "Serena Williams never beaten by an unseeded player?". No wonder examples for Venus were brought up.
Yes, you were hallucinating. Neither the thread title nor the first post say anything about Serena. :)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
ZvonarevaFan said:
Yes, you were hallucinating. Neither the thread title nor the first post say anything about Serena. :)
Everyone knew it meant Serena, at least that seemed quite obvious to me.

Regardless, the examples that were brought up about Venus (and yes, she does apply to the situation) aren't relevant anyway given the fact that she wasn't #1 when those people beat her.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts