Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming their domination continues, when do you think they'll give us that jaw dropping 7-6 6-7 10-8 final we're all waiting for?

And who do you think will come through? (Assuming they're both even, and it just comes down to who wants it more)

My Pick:
2004 Olympics, Venus defends her title 7-6(5) 6-7(3) 7-6(6)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Wimbledon, this year, in the final.

7-6(26-24) 6-7(48-50) 52-50 Venus

:p

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I think it will have to be a game strangled by passion!!! The Wimby final was good, but mainly becuase Rena was 100%, but Venus was not. The Aus Open final was tense, but the tennis was not great. Actually it started well, and kinda fell to pieces as the match went on.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice one VF

yeah, Wimby was great. Serena was stradling that baseline like no other, but V, as always was off

however its very encouraging that an Off Venus could stretch Serena like that when she was playing well, after that 1st set Venus just gave up :(

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
It won't happen until Venus gets over the Serena block.

While the 2002 Wimbledon was a good match...why wasn't Venus serving as hard. Look at the stats. In the SF Venus was in the 118-120 range...in the F she was in the 105-110 range.

Why the difference? ;)

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
venus has to be hypnotized to think she is playing hingis and serena has to be hypnotized to think she is playing capriati or davenport, then we'll have a 6-7 7-6 100,000,000-998,000,000 match!

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Their greatest match...

US Open 2005, after 12 (?) straight Sister Slams :p and a Golden/Silver Sister Slam in 2004; finally there are no nerves involved and they are just playing to see which of them is the best of all time. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

By now Venus is a true serve and volley player (she needs to end points quick because she had apartments to decorate) :p and Serena has an All Star entourage of Hollywood's most famous in the stands cheering on the Best Supporting Actress Nominee.:cool:

Richard is now too busy trying to become a Hollywood Director to actually attend the match but CBS has a special Richard camera following him (his new trophy wife Anna Kournikova :p :p :p and his new best friend John McEnroe) in Los Angeles.:cool:

Williams wins the match. :cool:

"We Are Family" - Sister Slam :angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
It won't happen until Venus gets over the Serena block.

While the 2002 Wimbledon was a good match...why wasn't Venus serving as hard. Look at the stats. In the SF Venus was in the 118-120 range...in the F she was in the 105-110 range.

Why the difference? ;)
Well, if you watched it, which I know you didn't, you would have known that Venus was suffering from a sore shoulder, and they didn't know if she would even go out there for the doubles. ;)

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also, i think V wanted to get a higher percentage

unfortunately that didnt work :(

but i think it will be Wimbledon as well, or the Olympics as i said

both really really want to win those trophies

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,570 Posts
You know, their styles of play are so much the same that the level can't be as good as when the put everyone else back in their corners...

But I think they are soming better and better, well excelpt the Us Open...I think in Wimby or Us Open this year will be the start of a new Sista's era, with Venus domintaing (when can dream no?)

Well anyway, good luck too them!!! You rock girlz!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
people say this, but i dont get it

Venus and Lindsay play similarly, except Venus serves harder and runs better and they've had good matches

Serena and Lindsay too, Jennifer too (well, kinda)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
ermm I think the AO final this year showed some pretty damn good tennis, except for Vee choking out at the end.

I truthfully don't think they will ever play their best tennis when they play each other. But I hope in the future..but IMO doubtful. It will either be Serena playing at her best or Venus playing at her best, I can't see them play equally "best" against each other.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
anyway, I kind of agree with the nut I mean Mr. Man on this one. One is always off and I think that will continue.

Wimbledon was good but Vee wasn't feeling too well. The first few games of USO were really good... power hitting but then you saw Ree KILL... blah. The same for AO, the first 3 setter in GS Final and that was surprising but Ree was off second set and the last set yielded a blah.

We've seen them both go after titles they've equally wanted at the same time and one still dominated save 1st set wimbledon. I'm not getting my hopes up for any of them. I'll be really excited up until the final. But I have a feeling that Vee really wants RG and Serena wants to defend a slam. So we'll see...

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Point

I expect RG to be a good one
but i would like, atleast one of them, to have more winners than unforced errors

·
Registered
254 Posts
Venus and Serena having more winners then unforce is hard to do against each. Because they run so many balls down.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts