Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my favorite female players lost. Serena was my only other favorite left playing. Ever since she lost yesterday, I don't find myself changing my plans to watch the rest of the tournament. In fact, for a while I forgot it was still going on. Even though Serena/Justine's match didn't live up the hype, it still feels like it was the final. And now the French Open is over. No one to root for on the women's side anymore. There's no more excitement in the air. Wimbledon can't get here soon enough.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
No. I still have Sharapova. :p :unsure: :aparty:
Now that Carlos is out, I have no men to cheer for. :( :( But Fed-Nadal is always good. :yeah:

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I still have Sharapova. :p :unsure: :aparty:
Now that Carlos is out, I have no men to cheer for. :( :( But Fed-Nadal is always good. :yeah:
On the men's side, I still have Federer and Nadal left. And I'm starting to like Novak Djokovic a lot. He's going to be a great player.

·
Registered
515 Posts
No way. I can't wait to see how Jankovic and Ivanovic handle the pressure against their more experienced opponents .

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
all my hopes are on either JJ or Ana

·
49,001 Posts
Hell no. I have 2 girls I like a lot still in the draw.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ever since Serena lost I don't care for RG either, I do hope Jankovic wins tomorrow, and on the mens I wanna see Fed or Djokovic win. Fed looked beatable in previous rounds though dont you think?

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
I'm saddened that Serena didn't take out Justine, but I'm very keen on seeing how the Serbians will fare, and not only on the womens side. :p

·
Registered
27,963 Posts
Naw I still have Janko. If she loses tomorrow, then I might not even bother watching the final :eek:

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
In a way. I will not be waking up early anymore to follow the sisters matches. I also won't be staying inside just to watch their matches, if I find something to do, I'm going to go do it. I still want Federer to win though.

Reactions: :inlove:

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Yeah it kinda feels over for me...my excitement for the tournie is gone, I'll still be watching Ana to see how she does though :)

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you are a tennis fan, how can you not enjoy watching Justine on clay? It's like Serena on any other surface.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not yet. I am still rooting for Jankovic, Djokovic and Nadal (too bad they are playing against each other in the semis).

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not yet. I am still rooting for Jankovic, Djokovic and Nadal (too bad they are playing against each other in the semis).
That should be a great semifinal. They are both great fighters, but I have to give the edge to Nadal. He's way more experience than Djokovic, especially on Clay.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
My favourites on the mens side all went out relatively early(P.H.M., Roddick, Gasquet) but I still have Davydenko! I want him to win it all.

On the women's side, the draw hasn't gone as I wanted it to go. But I still have hope that either Ana or Maria will win it. So no, RG isn't over for me until Sunday I guess.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts