Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since she burst onto the scene in 2008, Wozniacki has won a title every year. From 2008-2018, she has won 30 WTA titles, and has never finished a season title-less. However, the closest she has gotten this year was a finals loss to Keys in Charleston. Will the 11 year streak end with arguably her worst season in 11 years?

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
:eek: doubtful.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Interestingly enough Marin Cilic in the ATP side is also in a similar state. He too has a 11 year title streak in the exact same timeline 2008-2018 (winning 18 titles only in total though) And he too is having one of his worst years, not winning a title. I wonder if both of them will break this streak at the same time.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I wouldn't pick her to win any of the remaining titles. Her schedule is also a bit less prolific this year so I don't think it's really a record she'll go to much effort to keep intact. However she's always been the type of player to go on a random deep run when nobody is expecting it to salvage her season.

·
Registered
115,505 Posts
I dont think she is playing well enough. If Kudermetova beats her in Paris and she has her serve broken 5 times in a row at Wimbledon, I dont see how she wins playing the way she has since Charleston

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I doubt she will win a title this year. She just hasn't been the same player since winning the Australian Open in 2018. She seems to have lost all motivation after winning that elusive grand slam. I won't be surprised if she retires at the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I didn't even realize that once Beijing and WTA Finals points comes off the poor girl won't even be seeded for Hobart, let alone the Australian!

The poor girl. :sad:

This is so sad. Alexa play "I Love It" by Icona Pop.

·
Registered
21,223 Posts
unlikely.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Unfortunately, she seems done. Might be good for her to retire for a year or two, eventually make a baby and then come back motivated and hungry for victories.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
There aren't many tournaments left in the season so it's unlikely.
10 years is a pretty good streak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts