Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
NO!

Only the WTA can be fined for the absence of players, but it may not be because of V+S in particular, there is a poll pf about 7 or 8 players, who is all withdrew, would be expesnive the WTA

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MyskinaRocks said:
Why they haven't been fined previously in their career is another question.
Venus was fined for withdrawing from the 2001 year ending championships.

Agassi was fined for withdrawing from the 2002 Canadian Open.

It does happen.

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
I think it unlikely that the tour will fine injured players for missing tournaments.

Reactions: Sofiane

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Volcana said:
I think it unlikely that the tour will fine injured players for missing tournaments.
Ditto.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Volcana said:
Again, Venus was injured in 2001 for the year end champs...and I think the 02 German Open. And was fined for both.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Venus wasn't fined.

They investigated the injury, but there was no fine. I believe they found both injuries to be valid.

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Venus wasn't fined.

They investigated the injury, but there was no fine. I believe they found both injuries to be valid.
Yes, as I recall it was a little Venusgate.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
CC said:
Yes, as I recall it was a little Venusgate.
:lol: too cute :)

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Well for missing the Tour Champs is the only possible fine. You have to come unless you have a real injury. I believe they were both planning on going which means health wise I think they'll be fine by the time the Tour Champs come. However it would be absolutly ridiculous for the WTA tour to fine them for missing the Tour Champs given the circumstances, physically healthy or not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Monica Seles was fined a few times (back when she was dominating) for missing tournaments with no (known to the public) valid reason if my old memory serves me correctly.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
If they are fined, they'll get a nastly letter from me....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts