1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
King
28,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes
No
Unsure

At this stage in their careers and with everythin that happened over the last ten months do you think its gonna happen

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
I dont think so. I can see either of them making #1 again, but I think the field is deeper now than in 2002 so it would be hard for them to get 1 AND 2 again.

·
Registered
15,437 Posts
I say no, not because they're not talented enough but it's just that they're injured a lot and these days you have to be 100% fit to become no.1.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think if they really wanted to they could, if they would just put more time and effort in to it. They put down some good results even with their chronic injuries, so if they were fully healthy and put a side their off cort interests for a short time they could make it back into the top 5.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I don't think so. Having said that Martina has comeback and is fast approaching the Top10 at great speed, so anything can happen.

Venus can, she won Wimbledon, quite unexpectedly. Serena just needs to stop being injured, cos when she is on fire, she is on fire!

·
King
28,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Vee has the better chance of being number 1. Its not like shes been in bad form since winning wimbledon she's just bein really injured. For serena it will be much harder

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
i voted unsure, because they always surprise us. however, i know serena will be number one again, there's no doubt in my mind, she'll be back for miami:):):)

·
Banned
745 Posts
There is more chance of Helen Lawson returning to the screen in a tean flick and winning the Oscar for her heartfelt scream as she is chased through the woods by a psycho killer in a mask that turns out to be her long dead mother. Played by Creep.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I think one of them can get to #1, as some of you has said, and I would like it to be Venus. ;) But I seriously doubt both of them could be 1 and 2 at the same time again...but just in case, I voted unsure.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Barring injury, if both of them wanted it badly enough at the same time, yes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In order for Venus & Serena to be ranked at the top they must play well (win tournaments) and play more frequently - smaller (Belgium) and bigger (Miami) tournaments. These things are possible if they are:

1. Physically fit & not injured
2. Have an efficient game plan & strategy
3. Improvement in techniques & execution (less unforced errors)
4. 100% dedication & focus to tennis

Otherwise, Venus & Serena may remain in the same positions that they are now.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
I don't think so, because every time when they are at their peak of their game, they somehow get injured and that's really sad though.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I think they can, but I'm not sure if they will.

Last year, the worst year of Serena's career - she still managed to win the Australian Open. Do you know why? Because that week, she was all tennis. Same with Venus at Wimbledon. When you see either of them going shopping and whatnot, they do terribly at tournaments. If they stay healthy, they have a much better shot.

·
Banned
114 Posts
no, there're MANY better players right now

·
King
28,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont think there are any players better than Venus and Serena just vee and ree couldn't be bothered sometimes as they know themselves that they are the best and they dont need to justify that to any1

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I voted no. :sad: Not that I don't think they will play great tennis again, and win tournaments or maybe some Grand Slams, I just don't think they are consistent enough any more, and are vulnerable to injuries, and don't play enough tournaments to get back to Number 1. Maybe number 3 or 4...hopefully... :confused:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts