Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
191 Posts
You know, it's not like this is the first time Jen has failed to win a three setter against a top player when she has had a third set lead. Check out her last 8 or so matches against Serena...

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zvonerevian said:
You know, it's not like this is the first time Jen has failed to win a three setter against a top player when she has had a third set lead. Check out her last 8 or so matches against Serena...
i realise that but this loss seemed more devastating than any of those recent losses to serena.

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
It has serious shades of 1991. In her semi with Monica Seles Jen was 2 points from the match. Last night she was 2 points away many times. For those of us who saw both matches the comparisons are obvious.

This match could either pump her up or send her into a tailspin as it did in 91. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
504 Posts
She's not silly enough to go down that road again. She was a kid last time, as she said in her interview she's not gonna let it affect her too mch its just a tennis match. Whether it will effect her confidence to beat the top players is another question althogethr.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
This loss really got to hurt. Against Serena, she only used to be ahead in the first set. But against Justine she served twice for the match and didn´t even come close of having matchpoints! That´s choking and choking is bad!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
well the commentators said it best in the first set 'each point is like a battle' actually war seems like a better term for it that's just how tough i thought it was. this loss could give a player motivation or it could hurt them for awhile. quite frankly for the moment i don't care what it does to jen because i want her to win wimbledon and the us open and they are over and down with for this year and it will be awhile before they come around again so until them jen is a rival instead of a fav.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
She's done!

When she gets up this morning, she'll want to pull the covers over her head. She knows that was the match of her life and she got passive and let it slip out of her hands.

She might just retire already.

·
Registered
264 Posts
How this match will affect Jen. or hurt her. She knows very well that
time has passed by her. Her chances of winning a slam is very little.
She was lucky to have beaten Martina Hingis in two of her three
grandslam finals.

·
Registered
122,496 Posts
I think you have to be super motivated just to be a part of this kind of match.
I think Jenn will get a lot of positive comments from people who saw it.
In all three of Jenn's wins in majors, she almost lost at least one match. There's luck involved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.