Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Would they actually allow that at the All England Club???!!!!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I like it but it kind of looks like she took the net and sewed it to the dress. :eek:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Would they actually allow that at the All England Club???!!!!
Very interesting! Can't wait to see it....

Venus has worn tighter and backless at Wimbledon before. I don't think there'll be a problem with this one :) :)

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
loving it already! :D

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
let's hope it's just for wimbledon because if she wears mostly white through out the year again, :mad:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I think it's very creative. And leave it to Vee to bring the full tennis skirt back. Pretty soon, she'll be wearing the pleats...of course, an updated hipper version.

I like this dress. I think it makes her look elegant and sexy at the same time. Very innovative. :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
i wonder if they'll make it in different colors. everything but black because I think black would make her look like a harlot. :D

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
The woman oozes style...what a crossover to fashion the sisters have made on the covers of Vogue, Elle and WWD... :hearts:

Never stop being an inspiration Venus and Serena!!! :bounce: :worship:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I LOVE the williams style...sure Jens my favorite Player but the williams sisters are great - Trish Stratus

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't know that I like the tennis-net back, but a solid back on it would probably look nice on her.

Of course, I've suggested a number of times Venus should wear an all-white version of the tennis dress Mary Pierce wore at the 2000 French Open. I think Venus has the long lines to wear such a tennis dress.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
here's an excerpt from wwd.com:
Apr 24 2003
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — Talk about fashion on the court. Diane Von Furstenberg’s new line of tennis apparel for Reebok, in stores late July, is sure to cause a stir thanks to the flirty style the designer is known for. And what better way to show them off than on Venus Williams, a fashion lover on and off the court? A top contender for what she’s...

that's where it cuts off... so this will be in stores in July? *puts date in PDA* :D

this is Diane's site: http://www.dvf.com/ none of the tennis stuff is on there but I luv her style!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts