·
Registered
115,994 Posts
If Pavs can do it, so can Konta

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
37,937 Posts
What do we mean by “resurgence”? Is she ever making Top 15 again with consistent deep slam/1000 runs? No. Could she win some titles and have a good week at big events here and there? Sure, why not.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
she will win one of those grass tournaments but not WIMBLEDON ofc. she is playing meh atm but expecting a peak within 30 days.

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I still want her to win a slam. Her problem is that her game is SO confidence based, so I'm not sure she will randomly peak out of nowhere like people are saying. It took her one-two years to get out of her prior slump.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
LOL...I highly disagree.....comparing Andreescu to Konta is like comparing a F-16 to a glider. Amusing though....thanks for the laugh. Cheers.
Agree with this ... Andreescu and Konta are not comparable at all ... one has a slam and still shows a lot of promise even if she is losing matches while one doesn't...one is significantly older than the other in tennis years and doesn't have many good years left and one has all the time in the world...Andreescu's resurgence may or not come anytime soon or if injuries really do plague her, it may never come, but...Andreescu still has the fight that she did at her peak, even if her level of tennis has dipped...if they both retired tomorrow, Andreescu would still have the much better career...those 2 are not in the same universe...

As for Konta, let me get my crystal ball...

Reactions: andreescufan

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL...I highly disagree.....comparing Andreescu to Konta is like comparing a F-16 to a glider. Amusing though....thanks for the laugh. Cheers.
I was talking about the ranking points. Those ranking points are bound to plummet.

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
I will be surprised if she has a sustained period in top 10 in the future again but I think she can still win some big events, but rather not a GS.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I was talking about the ranking points. Those ranking points are bound to plummet.
For Konta...yes. For Andreescu....I highly doubt it. Upcoming grass tournaments ...Berlin...Ebourne( if she plays) and Wimbledon... Bianca is defending ZERO ranking points in total my friend....so I just don't know where you are getting this.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

·
Registered
115,994 Posts
Konta won Miami back when there were players in the draw better than Zidansek

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
What do you mean by 'resurgence'? Because she's not going to be top 10 again, and I doubt she'll be back in the top 20, but she's barely been a top 50 player since the restart, so anything stabilized in the top 50 would be a resurgence, IMO.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts