Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone know from 2000-2005 the Williams Sisters owned Centre Court at Wimbledon. The question is with Serena fit and Venus doing well can they star the tradition over?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't think they can both be able to dominate the way they did, but I can see Serena in the final at least three out of the next five years...a scary thought esp for me :help:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
i C vee on the final

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
It can happen again no doubt!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
If they want it bad enough......they can have any tournament they want.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I dont see why not. as Mary C said athlete's win wimbledon and without a doubt they are the best. Everything must come so much simpler for them from clay 2 grass

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
well.. Venus did reach the final last year...!!

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Of course then can.
First things first ... they have to be placed on opposite sides of the draw. None of this third, fourth round crap that has been happening since 2003.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Serena is almost a given especially if she can get back in the top 8 before Wimbledon. Venus is playing OK on clay so if she doesn't get injured it hard to imagine her not being able to make an impact on grass.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Wimbledon is to the sisters what clay is to Justine, despite how they are playing they are always contenders for the title.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
In a word..yes!!!
they have totally dominated there...from having a poor 2005 she came into Wimby and rocked the tournament..never doubt either of them because ur jus gonna look stupid!

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
let's see...still long ways to go for wimbledon...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Definitely. Their serves and returns give them the power to control the points. They can take the first strike no matter what side of the ball they're on, and that's why they dominate on grass. We're going to see a very big Williams presence at Wimbledon this year!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
in a word No.
In another word yes of course :rolleyes:

Last year was just a blip, there will be many more finals with a sister in over the next 5 years :)

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
yes, they can.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts