Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
For sure it's gonna be visible on TV and via streaming.
It is included in the package akready paid by the networks, why shouldn't be broadcasted?
By the way it seems that the TV nets have asked for a rebate from the original cost of the transmission rights of the opening ceremony, motivated by the reduced form, but I suppose the IOC will not agree.

·
Registered
683 Posts
For sure it's gonna be visible on TV and via streaming.
It is included in the package akready paid by the networks, why shouldn't be broadcasted?
By the way it seems that the TV nets have asked for a rebate from the original cost of the transmission rights of the opening ceremony, motivated by the reduced form, but I suppose the IOC will not agree.
Are you referring to the draw ceremony orthe tennis itself? Doesn’t seem as obvious to me that the draw ceremony would be televised.

·
Art & Futures
22,687 Posts
who is doing the draw

·
Registered
26,553 Posts
One thing I’ve always loved about the Olympics is that it is the one tournament where the draw is explicitly not random. Players from the same nation can’t be put in the same half or quarter (based on whether the nation has 2, 3, or 4 entrants).

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
82,535 Posts
Home hope Naomi Osaka will launch her bid for Japan’s first gold medal in tennis against Zheng Saisai of China, as revealed in the Olympic Tennis Event draws released on the eve of the Olympic Games.
Hot on the heels of her Wimbledon triumph, women’s singles top seed Ashleigh Barty will make her Olympic debut for Australia against Spain's Sara Sorribes Tormo.
Petra Kvitova, who claimed women’s singles bronze for Czech Republic at Rio 2016, takes on Jasmine Paolini of Italy.

Full draw to be published shortly.

·
Premium Member
Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
5,201 Posts
Ridiculous!!!
Defending Men's Champion Andy Murray will play Felix Auger-Aliassime in the 1st Round. Who the hell did this rotten Draw?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
That's an extremely tough opening round matchup for Barty tbh...especially if the courts are slow like earlier reports.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts