Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
An interesting thing occurred in tennis recently. Heather Watson, part of the LTA Elite Support Program, decided to team up with Varvara Gracheva for WTA125 Paris after playing vs her in Madrid recently.

View attachment 215725
LTA Website:
View attachment 215724

Both are strong doubles players, that could eventually even threaten the title in this tournament. Imagine Heather Watson helping Gracheva win a WTA125 doubles title. Would the LTA share the news about the title win? Would they fear Putin using it as propaganda?

I'm afraid of what action the LTA is going to take against Heather Watson here. They were the masterminds behind Wimbledon's player ban, and now have to deal with one of their own athletes going against their choice and partnering up with a player from a banned country. Will they not allow her to play in Wimbledon? Or just remove her from the LTA Elite Support program? Or will they just overlook it and hope neither Putin nor the British government finds out about it? I'm just wondering what the LTA would do in this case..

What kind of troll thread is this actually? A ban against Russians is not currently in effect at French tournaments, and the whole premise of the OP is (deliberately) irrelevant.

8000 posts in 4 months, my ass. Congratulations on how many people here who you managed to fool.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
If the UK wishes to take the high ground then the question remains why it allows its Fed Cup players play with Russians/Belarusians on tour. If the UK is taking such a high and might position on this issue this should be clearly addressed. Why can a British player potentially win a doubles event with a Russian when the UK authorities are seeking Russian players unfit to play in the UK due to current events.

and of course TF's resident Sergey Lavrov had to chime in on this trolling job as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.