Tennis Forum banner

Will tennis be your main interests at the Olympic Games?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • NotTHE main interest, but it will be among the most interesting sports for me.

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • No, I'm more interested in other sports there, like Athletics etc.

Votes: 12 25.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
26,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FrogBurger said:
Yes, but where is the poll?
You always have to post a thread first before making a poll. :)

It's interests in the poll question, and it's "Not THE" in the 2nd option. :eek:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
The tournament will not have all the best players present. So it won't be a true test of the best. I'll wait for the USO

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
For me the Olympics isn't about any one sport, it's about the Olympic spirit and all the athletes competing for their countries. When the Olympics is on, I watch whatever sport happens to be on when I am free to switch on the TV.

·
Registered
19,426 Posts
yah i will be looking out for Swimming...Table-tennis which my country is represented by world no8 Li Jiawei...as well as badminton...

Tennis-wise i shall juz look out for Jen Cap.. :yeah:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Knizzle is right. No tournament this year has had all the top players.
The Olympics will have (barring injury)

Justine
Venus
Serena
Amelie
Jennifer
Dementieva
Myskina
Kuznetsova
Petrova, and many others. That's a strong ass field if you ask me

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
Of course, not. Besides from what we saw at Sydney Olympics, all they showed in USA was only finals taped. It might not be that much different this time.

·
Premium Member
181,855 Posts
Athletics will always be the #1 sport in the Olympics
and thats one i love watching too :)

Tennis in Olympics....... we wont see much on TV.
so it dont matter who plays there or not.

probably only see Henman in UK :fiery: :rolleyes: and some bits/pieces on highlights
and final live i guess.
I didnt see the mens final in Sydney here at all.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I probably won't be watching tennis at all :shrug: On both the mens and womens sides my faves aren't playing :( If it was say the US Open I'd probably follow anyway but during Olympic time with so many other sports going on, I probably won't bother. Diving is #1 on my list closely followed by gymnastics, swimming and athletics.

·
Banned
89 Posts
No, many top players not participating. Wimbledon, us open and aussie open current holders are not in. Sharapova is the main miss though.

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
i will be watching Swimming, Athletics (come back soon matt shirvington "horse")
Diving, Cycling and Gymnastics then Tennis

i just love the Olympics as a whole event

·
Registered
720 Posts
I love the olympics and the stories of the athletes.:bounce:

I will be watching Tennis, Men's basketball, Ladies gymnastics, and track and field.

I hope the TV coverage will be Better than the Olympics in Australia. The time difference was such a bother. :(

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
No ....

First week is the swimming, next week the athletics!

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
i voted for the second option. i would be more interested if i could know going in that there would be matches on tv, but that's not the case. besides, the olympics are so much bigger for the athletics, watersports, and gymnastics and i dont get to see those very often, so im excited for those in addition to a strong olympic team/.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Athletics will always be the #1 sport in the Olympics
and thats one i love watching too :)

Tennis in Olympics....... we wont see much on TV.
so it dont matter who plays there or not.

probably only see Henman in UK :fiery: :rolleyes: and some bits/pieces on highlights
and final live i guess.
I didnt see the mens final in Sydney here at all.
...erm...where is 'here'...?...I'm sure they showed both finals in Britain last time, and some of the earlier matches...(bits of Venus against Kandarr and Seles, iirc)...they might do again...anyway, I don't think tennis in the Olympics is a great idea, but it's still tennis, so if they show some I'll watch...but I'm more worried about Paula Radcliffes' asthma... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts