Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and get her ass off my TV...:rolleyes:

"Martina N and Graf was so much better and much more dominating during their big grand slam run than Serena is..."

Dont she know that all they had contending was the likes of her...? There is so much more depth in the game there is no comparison...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Pam was wrong to say that, the depth in womens tenis is much better now than it was then. At least Cliffie brought this point up.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
TopShotta said:

"Martina N and Graf was so much better and much more dominating during their big grand slam run than Serena is..."

Dont she know that all they had contending was the likes of her...? There is so much more depth in the game there is no comparison...:rolleyes:
Your post doesn't make sense. Your and Pam's quotes are not contradictory.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
TopShotta said:

I think it's a compliment to Serena... She's not as *dominant* being the only one able to win a Sla - yet she IS the only one winning them.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
she didn't say they were better than Serena..

what she meant (she explained) is that the gap between Graf, Navratilova and the field was wider than between Serena and the rest of the girls... which is true (as much as I don't like Pam and would like someone to strangle her but for a different reason)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
She did mean it as an insult to Serena, she said Steffi and Martina played flawlessly and that they wuldn't have a tough time against Loit and Clijsters. I thought it was also an insult to Loit and Clijsters also.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tenn_ace said:
she didn't say they were better than Serena..

what she meant (she explained) is that the gap between Graf, Navratilova and the field was wider than between Serena and the rest of the girls... which is true (as much as I don't like Pam and would like someone to strangle her but for a different reason)
She did "attempt" to explain but was silent for some time...I JUST HATE HER SO... :fiery:

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rd878 said:

It' alive and it's following me...OH THE HORROR...AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa..... :eek:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
yeah she sucks we know it...but the reality is that we have to survive two weeks of it..so grab a pink of jack daniels and sit back ;)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
selesfan said:
She did mean it as an insult to Serena, she said Steffi and Martina played flawlessly and that they wuldn't have a tough time against Loit and Clijsters. I thought it was also an insult to Loit and Clijsters also.
I saw it sort of as an insult to Clijsters too, as if she's not good enough to make someone dominating lose to her. :sad:

But I also thought the question Cliff posed was very interesting: "So you're saying Steffi and Martina in their ultimate form could defeat Serena in her ultimate form?"

·
Registered
838 Posts
TopShotta said:

I don't know what she said, but it is certain that the competition now is much greater than years ago. Serena is a lot better than Graf and Navratilova, but there is no chance in hell that she"ll be able to do better than those two, because the other players are much better than in the past.

What do you think what would happen if Venus, Kim, Justine, Davenport, Seles, Mauresmo played a match against Chris Evert (even on clay).

It's a total different game. Look at what happened to Hingis. Her talent was no longer.

A player like Justine serves some 35 mph faster than Evert, so ...

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
eta psi said:
There is a reason why they invented the mute button on the remote ctrl. Use it and stop whining.

i agree....who really cares what any commentator says? if she had said something cool about your fave, she rocks...if she says something negative...she sucks...its not like anyone is being nonjudgemental here.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eta psi said:
There is a reason why they invented the mute button on the remote ctrl. Use it and stop whining.
I'll whine as much as I please...Screw you... :wavey:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Definitely seems like her talons have been sharpened in anticipation of extended clawing sessions.

At least neither Cliff nor Mary Jo opted to play Tonto...so Pam truly was the Lone Ranger in making that comment.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Mute button is not an option...the sound of the ball coming off the racquet is one of the best parts of watching tennis :p

just ignore pam...she cant help herself...she is haunted by her failures...LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts