Tennis Forum banner

When will she first win US Open?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's going in as one of the favourites, but can she thrive under the pressure and go onto win?

If not, when will she first win US Open?

*includes doubles and mixed doubles, and mens singles/doubles if she wants to compete there too

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Based on what is she going in as one of the favourites for the title?

Reactions: GAGirl

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Bit of a random thread. She's still very inexperienced and hasn't had a real significant deep run in any slam yet, so it's just a case of building and pushing on. She should be seeded again so should be able to ease her way into it, but depending on the draw, matching her AO and FO last 16 would be a good target this year.

For what it's worth, she is 66/1 to win the US Open and is the 31st favourite.

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
On a more serious note.

Let's face it. Bencic gifted her the Mallorca title, Serena was nowhere near match fit on her worst surface and Yastremka overpowered her at Wimbledon.

She's a very good competitor but doesn't really have any weapons .

Andreescu if fit is the likelier slam contender.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
On a more serious note.

Let's face it. Bencic gifted her the Mallorca title, Serena was nowhere near match fit on her worst surface and Yastremka overpowered her at Wimbledon.

Not Kenin's fault that Bencic is pathetically weak mentally :shrug:

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
Not Kenin's fault that Bencic is pathetically weak mentally :shrug:

Well yeah, but it’s still a choke/gift.

Is she pathetic mentally? What about Dubai? She’s proven she can put in mature performances, not sure what's happened in recent months...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
On a more serious note.

Actually I thought Bencic played her best ever tennis and unfortunately once Kenin started to go from bad to average it was all over for Bencic. Really Bencic played quite well for herself and it's a shame that she couldn't win but once Kenin started playing her average level it was all over for the poor girl.

With that being said, Kenin isn't winning here. Kenin can do some damage when she plays well but she isn't a slam contender at the current moment.

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
Actually I thought Bencic played her best ever tennis and unfortunately once Kenin started to go from bad to average it was all over for Bencic. Really Bencic played quite well for herself and it's a shame that she couldn't win but once Kenin started playing her average level it was all over for the poor girl.

With that being said, Kenin isn't winning here. Kenin can do some damage when she plays well but she isn't a slam contender at the current moment.
K.

You probably don't watch much tennis if you thought that was BB’s best ever tennis.

You don't need to be a tard in every post.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
K

You probably don't watch much tennis if you thought that BB’s best ever tennis.

You don't need to be a tard in every post.
And you don't need to post threads about every player you hate come time for a slam or post every bit of Twitter gossip bit you see.

Maybe don't post will x make this point of a slam come the US Open next time? Just something to think about. :wavey:

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok then... This is now settled hopefully.

We have spammed the thread too much already.
This thread is going to go viral when she does win it, just saying ;)

*note I did correctly pick Barty to make the Roland Garros final! Didn't expect her to win it, but how many of you were doubting me

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Well yeah, but it’s still a choke/gift.

Is she pathetic mentally? What about Dubai? She’s proven she can put in mature performances, not sure what's happened in recent months...
Expectations increased. Loads of players can turn in great performances as the underdog, even mentally frail ones (see: Hantuchova at Indian Wells).

For what it's worth I think Bencic is a good competitor but the self-belief isn't there. It remains to be seen whether she can develop it.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
I hope I am wrong because I would love to see her win a GS but the way I see her right now isn't in the most developed form yet. She has work to do and no doubt she is amongst the most talented of the new girls I have a feeling that she will develop a very strong game in the coming years to become a consistent top 10 player but GS? ...I hope I am wrong and she eventually wins many.

·
Registered
14,793 Posts
Kenin is very talented, but this thread is coming way too early :lol: She's not one of the favourites, she is an outsider at most.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts