Tennis Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Maria is 133 in the live rankings. Does it mean that she will have to play Q at AO if she wants to compete?

Can she get a WC given her doping history?

She will probably retire anyways even if she gets a WC.
Given her doping history? Hahaha. Nice try, bucko. I hope she gets a WC just because I know it would piss off all her haters here on TF. The haters that have prayed for 4 years that she will disappear only to keep pissing you all off that she keeps coming back. It's hilarious. Cheers to Maria for still being able to ruffle feathers and continue being Queen Bee. That's called relevance and your fave could never.

And yes, no matter when she goes out, she already inspired your passions so she wins anyway.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
If anyone thinks that Craig Tiley won't give Sharapova a WC (if she needs one) is delusional.

The AO has a ticket called "ground pass" which means you can see every court except RLA and MCA. If you have Sharapova on Show Court 3 on Day 2, that's a huge sell. The Australian general public don't know she's awful, they just care about seeing a big name with their ticket, her name and seeing her. This year, there was a free warm up match on MCA with Sharapova the Friday before the AO started and it was packed.

If she wants a WC at AO, she will get one.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
No. She doesn't need matches to lose in r1 (maybe r2). I love that she keeps on trucking. Confirming with every tournament that meldonium really is what WADA says. You go girl!

·
51,899 Posts
I forgot about that. It seems only the English and the French have some morals. Too bad, I thought you guys were more close to the British than to the Yankees.
It doesn't reflect the moral values of Australians at large - just that of Craig Tiley and his ilk. I personally found the whole thing very distasteful.
It doesn't reflect the moral values of Australians at large - just that of Craig Tiley and his ilk. I personally found the whole thing very distasteful.
Oh, sorry if I offended you, didn't mean for literally everyone. But yeah, that was really disappointing.
Read some articles on Sun Yang to get aussies attitudes in regards to PEDs :eek:h:

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
If Maria wins Honolulu, she will have enough points. She's guaranteed to play three matches. Of course, it's Kerber and Andreescu she will face but Kerber is long overdue for Sharapova's revenge. Andreescu doesnt seem like she will ever win a match again. Osaka broke that spell.
There are no points for this 3 day exhibition tournament!

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
It was a bit awkward when that female Aussie swimmer was caught with a banned substance in her system after that podium incident :|
I've erased it from memory :eek:h:

·
CGS
7,531 Posts
Do y’all forget about what happened at 2018 AO? That was her first time coming back to the AO after the ban, and it happened to be at the tournament she was tested positive, but they still gave her the privilige to bring the trophy to the court for the draw reveal (in absence of defending champ Serena who was not ready after giving birth) :lol: Maria will surely get the WC. Don’t be delusional.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts