Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
30,771 Posts
She has fourth round points to defend (beat defending champion last year) and is a former champion. Even though I think the doping totally tarnishes her career and she should have gotten no wildcards when she first came back, at this point she seems like a pretty logical choice for the organizers. At this point it's due to injury rather than drugs anyway, so not very hard to defend the choice for the tournament and it would be rather bizarre to have her in qualies. I'd love to see it though :eek:h:.

·
Registered
18,971 Posts
I don't like this whatsoever but it's pretty likely they'll give her a WC.
It's an absolute mess the way her career has turned out with her health always getting in the way, that any handouts are real "sympathy" points if anything.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
It would be redicoules if she didn't get a wildcard. She is still one of the most popular players on tour! No doubt about that.

·
Registered
48,325 Posts
she and Kim is getting one so there are only 3 WC left for the Aussie

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Who are TA going to snub though if she gets a WC?

There's only 5 WCs after the French/USO reciprocal + Asia-Pacific playoff, then Kim is probably getting one if she requests for it. So 4 left.

Then, those playing in the FC final are probably getting one too (Sharma, Hon). Gavrilova too. So out of Birrell, Inglis, Aiava, Cabrera, Hives... and Sharapova.

If Sharma makes DA then I think Maria will probably get one. Otherwise I can't see only 3 Aussies getting WCs... but I wouldn't be surprised if Maria gets one either way.

·
Registered
15,889 Posts
Not like she will be a threat, she take her cheque and thrashing and get out of there probably

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
I wish she’d just suck it up and play qualities. It’d be a good look, and clearly showing up to big tournaments with no match prep isn’t working out for her. She’s in a tough spot though with how fragile her body is.

Not like she will be a threat, she take her cheque and thrashing and get out of there probably
This year she beat the third seed and very nearly took out the player who would finish 2019 ranked #1 🤷

·
Registered
971 Posts
she'll never play Qs. imagine the embarrasement if she loses, which could very well happen, i mean she lost to the likes of diatchenko

·
Registered
462 Posts
People forget that Maria was playing very well in the beginning of 2019 - beating Wozniacki and was close to beating Barty who went later to win slam title, Miami and will end up as a Number 1.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Who are TA going to snub though if she gets a WC?

There's only 5 WCs after the French/USO reciprocal + Asia-Pacific playoff, then Kim is probably getting one if she requests for it. So 4 left.

Then, those playing in the FC final are probably getting one too (Sharma, Hon). Gavrilova too. So out of Birrell, Inglis, Aiava, Cabrera, Hives... and Sharapova.

If Sharma makes DA then I think Maria will probably get one. Otherwise I can't see only 3 Aussies getting WCs... but I wouldn't be surprised if Maria gets one either way.

It is 4 , there is also an Aussie playoff for the main draw WC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 90 Posts