Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd like to think that when she wins a title she will shake it or if she wins a grand slam she will shake it. but then i think, they aren't comparing their tennis they are compaing the way they look. i think it's a real shame that every beautiful young lady has to have such pressure on them from such and early age. imo in a few years most players will be beautiful (or of a high class in beauty than they are today) it's just the way the world is going. i think tennis will get to a point where these type of girls won't get the attention because they won't be anything special or at least i hope this is the case (not only for viewing benefits but for the players benefits).

but back to the question, will sharapova ever shake this comparison? and if she can how can she do it?

·
Registered
122,493 Posts
I so agree with you. It's like IMG tells us who's pretty.

·
Registered
16,772 Posts
She will shake it. Surprisingly, I read an article about her already that didn't even mention AK.

It's going to take a while, though. And the better Maria gets at tennis, the more scornful the comparisons will be towards AK. I have already seen this trend with the other players they've compared to AK; they invoke her name, then they put her down.

So it will be better for both these players the sooner this stops!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goldenlox said:
I so agree with you. It's like IMG tells us who's pretty.
i certainly agree with that. we have sharapova, golovin and kutuzova all who are supposedly pretty. sharapova is sort of pretty but the other 2 aren't but i bet that's how golovin and kutuzova will be hyped.

at the moment that is the easiest way to draw attention to a young player. it just sux that they're taking advantage of that because it could really affect their careers.

·
Registered
122,493 Posts
When Maria is on, her game looks so impressive. I hope she can stay focused. And stay healthy. But all this talk about what a fighter she is, save that until Maria wins something.

·
Registered
16,772 Posts
goldenlox said:
When Maria is on, her game looks so impressive. I hope she can stay focused. And stay healthy. But all this talk about what a fighter she is, save that until Maria wins something.
Good point. And I hope all those things for her, too. After all, it's easier to focus 100% on tennis before the hormones really kick in. She's got those tough teen years still ahead of her; I hope she can navigate them smoothly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.