Tennis Forum banner

Will Masha be back into the top 10 this year?

• Yes

Votes: 102 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 31.5%
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will she?

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Re: Would Sharapova be back into the top 10 this year?

Duh!? Do you really need to ask :eek:..She will for sure!

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Duh!? Do you really need to ask :eek:..She will for sure!
I'm honestly not sure :eek::sad:

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

:smash: :drink: :cuckoo: :help:
:help: I really hope she will.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i would hope so, though with every week she misses it gets harder and harder. shes getting to the ranking where she could be facing serena in the 1st round of tournaments. plus if she does come back at IW then she goes to the clay and im not sure she will be making many semis and finals on the clay.

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
OMG she's not even back and I'm sick of her already. ugh.

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
Yes. Maria :hug::worship: She will win the US Open; I can feel it.

·
21,943 Posts
:rolleyes:

And yes, I think she will :worship: She has like nothing to defend till the end of the season. She can gain a lot. That's if she stays injury-free of course.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Me too:tape:

I don't think she will
She has already missed 2 or 3 tournaments this year including the AO and Premium event Dubai
And she's coming back around IW/Miami which is just before her "beloved" clay season;) where she has tons to defend. Actually I'm sure her rank will be around 40-50 at some point this year (probably after RG)

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
LOL. I think in order for her to make it back to the top 10, she will need to start at IW and start doing very well right out the box-semi's and finals- and also do well at Miami. Clay is not her favorite surface, but she does put up descent results when she plays. I also think with her shoulder issues she probably wont play a full schedule this year, and probably won't play back-to-back tournaments much. Is it possible, yes, of course. Is it likely to happen, no.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I think she will be. She'll probably make it further in all the Grand Slams remaining, probably the semis of them all (inc. Roland Garros). With all the tournies she missed last year, and the tournies she has to attend which she didn't last year (Madrid, Beijing, US Open) she'll be gaining more points than losing by the end of the year.

Reactions: Hellion

·
Registered
114,819 Posts
Dementieva at #4 has 8266 points.
Radwanska at 10 has 3448 points.
Maria can probaly come back in August and still be in the mix for the top 10.

It still comes down to how well she plays after her shoulder surgery and if she can stay healthy

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think she will but it will take some work to be honest....lots of points to defend here and there.....

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Of much more importance, will she still tuck her hair (if it needs it or not )behind her ears prior to serving :confused:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts