Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if she still had to or would show up fo wta publicity commitments. Sometimes players still show up in good faith or because its in there clothing contract and do fashion benefits, autograph sessions etc etc ... :D :bounce:

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VenusSerenaRocks said:
Probably not. :sad:
I think it would be a good idea if she did. She needs a bit of good publicty at this point. I think Justine and Maria have done this a couple of times when they were injured. I think maybe even Serena has done this atleast once in the past. :D :bounce:

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
Not a good idea. Maybe under different circumstances, such she had been playing a regualr schedule, and was unexpectedly inuured and withrew.

I think right now, her reputation for reliability is taking a beating.

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tennisbum79 said:
Not a good idea. Maybe under different circumstances, such she had been playing a regualr schedule, and was unexpectedly inuured and withrew.

I think right now, her reputation for reliability is taking a beating.
Well i think it would how good faith to the tennis community and her fans if she would :D :bounce:

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
na..doubt that

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
There's no reason or need to do it.

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok..i just think if she can show up on red carpets and go to to celebrity functions ( which i have no problem with ) then she could do this aswell. It would be nice for the whole tennis community if she would show up for a couple days and do the above stated. She has had such great success and brought so many long lasting memories to this tournament. I think her legions of fans (which go well beyond wta world opinion) in the Miami area would greatly appreciate the effort and thought. :D :wavey:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Why would it be nice for the tennis community? Don't they have other top players at the event? Shouldn't the attention be put on them? Why must Serena do something extra and special? Speaking for the fans is always hilarious as if they are one collective unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts