Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and/or will venus ever win at roland garros?

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
You wanna bet against it?! This year Serena didn´t play that many clay matches and still she was giving the eventual RG winner a hell of a fight. So next year all she has to do is play some more matches to get the clay-feeling again and she will win it.

Venus is in the same boat....sure she can do it, only more patience and practice.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not saying she/they will and i'm not saying she/they won't. but i think with womens tennis the way it currently is they probably will.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah well, JuJu is really the hottest player on clay.. I think there are going to be though matches and I like the competition! Looking forward to it! :yeah:

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Well they will be favs to win it every year but I think that players as Justine, Kim and even Mauresmo will be very hard oponents to beat :)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I think she will win it again but not every time she enters it. I think remaining injury free is the key to how many more French opens she'll win.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Yeah I think so. Shes got a lot more years left to play RG, so many more opportunities. She does play well there, she won last year and this year only just got beaten by the eventual champion Justine in a close match. No one should assume she wont win again just bc she didnt win this year.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm surprised Venus hasnt won Roland Garros yet. She seems to me to be the best bet to win teh French over serena. I agree it will be tough to beat Justine but i think they will definately win it. I think maybe last year soem folks didnt even think they would make the quarters and then Serena turns around and wins it all. I think Serena has the better game to beat Justine though. I think Venus can pretty much beat everybody else.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
yeah serena will win it again, probably a few times.

venus i don't know about. unless she shows some desire to beat her sister, she'll probably never do it.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
It will be hard; the crowd will never love her again. The crow were stillbooing Hingis in 2000 & 2001!

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Sammm said:
It will be hard; the crowd will never love her again. The crow were stillbooing Hingis in 2000 & 2001!
I think she should snub them. It has become common practice in America to Snub the French now days. Its the trendy thing to do these days.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
You think she should miss a slam??She needs to take back her #1 ranking.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Sammm said:
You think she should miss a slam??She needs to take back her #1 ranking.
Of course, I would like her to have the number 1 ranking. However, she don't have to accept mistreatment. Peace of mind is where its at that's why they snub Indian Wells. Sometimes, some places are just plain toxic and you need a reprieve.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Serena, Venus, or Justine will win it next year.
Serena will be the thoughest one to beat. She played bad this year, had the crowd against her, Justine was playing well, AND STILL ALMOST WON.
Australian Open is Venus', Serena will get French and Wimbledon, and Venus the Us Open.
Next year, the sisters will dominate like never before, clay, carpet, grass, whatever.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yes, she is more than Capable of winning it again. I didnt think so after before this year and even though she didnt win, she had THE TOUGHEST CLAY COURT DRAW EVER and still almost got
through it. Henin, Mauresmo, and Clijsters may be the hottest players on clay but I dont think Henin fans nor Mauresmo fans will be thinking easy pickins whenever they face Serena on clay. Its funny, Henin yaps and yaps about all of this training and yackety yacky but yet still had to battle for her clay court life at Roland Garros this year vs Serena. Heres another funny thing, Serena has giving more trouble to Justine on Red Clay than anyone in recent years.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
The fact that Serena has already won it once and Venus made it to the finals, I definitely think that either can win this title in the future.

At this years RG, Serena let that damn crowd and the "hand" break her concentration and Venus' injury hampered her from making further than the 4th round which I'm quite sure she would have.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Repeat slam victories are common on all other surfaces except clay. Martina won AO three times, Jen won twice back to back, the williams have won wimbledon and the USO four times running. In that time four women have won roland garros.
Next year it will be the year of Venus and Kim. They will dominate the tour, they have the game to do it and are both tired of being kicked in the butt.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts