Tennis Forum banner

Will Serena ever be on a sitcom that people actually watch?

• Yes

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 55.4%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't flip over to UPN tonight (shudder) but I saw a blurb about Serena's guest appearance on one of those nauseating infotainment shows.

<This is all in good fun and does NOT diminish any of the reigning Australian Open champion's accomplishments, so chill out. Please.>

Reactions: Stamp Paid

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it would be cool to see her on will and grace

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mynne Dassidy said:
I didn't flip over to UPN tonight (shudder) but I saw a blurb about Serena's guest appearance on one of those nauseating infotainment shows.

<This is all in good fun and does NOT diminish any of the reigning Australian Open champion's accomplishments, so chill out. Please.>
Take your elitiest network bias and screw yourself with it, honey. You seem to think of UPN as some step child to the other networks well let me tell you that just because crappy major network shows get more viewers doesnt make them any better. They're still crappy.

And shows like half and half on upn are just as funny as shows like will and grace.

Upn has its one on ones and the major networks have their Committeds

so save the crap, please.

oh and serena was terrible she cannot do comedy. she was better in that drama she did.

·
Registered
25,217 Posts
"My Wife and Kids" gets 10.5 millions viewers a week according to A.C. Neilsen. The show is in it's fourth season on ABC. http://abc.go.com/primetime/mywifeandkids/ . If it's lasted four seasons, people are watching it. So the answer to your question is 'yes', since she's ALREADY done that.

·
Snitch
16,152 Posts
Mynne Dassidy said:

Worry about what you are doing with your life than a woman who's second career is as an actress...Imagine that...guest starring on network tv as a second career...rock on Serena...you are killing these hateful bastards...:lol:

·
Registered
25,217 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:
Worry about what you are doing with your life than a woman who's second career is as an actress...Imagine that...guesting starring on network tv as a second career...rock on Serena...you are killing these hateful bastards...:lol:
Guest starring on network TV is her third career. Fashion design is her second career. No wonder she's won so few GS singles titles. No focus, no commitment... :) Good thing she's the most talented player on the tour.

·
Snitch
16,152 Posts
SelesFan70 said:
I watch Blaxploitation sitcoms all the time on UPN and WB...to see the leading man/men. :eek: :lol:
You can be really stupid sometimes...Do you know what the term "baxploitation" means? Have you seen any of the black shows on UPN?

Girlfriend:
2 lawyers
A legal Assistant
A girl with five degrees
and a top notch high end realtor

Half and Half:
A millionaire family
a law student
a record company vp

Kevin Hill:
A lawyer

One on one:
A tv personality

Or is it just because it's black? or just because you are really stupid and offensive sometimes but too dense to fucking realize that you are being stupid...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PhoenixStorm said:
Take your elitiest network bias and screw yourself with it, honey. You seem to think of UPN as some step child to the other networks well let me tell you that just because crappy major network shows get more viewers doesnt make them any better. They're still crappy.

And shows like half and half on upn are just as funny as shows like will and grace.

Upn has its one on ones and the major networks have their Committeds

so save the crap, please.

oh and serena was terrible she cannot do comedy. she was better in that drama she did.
Didn't you see my disclaimer?

·
Snitch
16,152 Posts
Mynne Dassidy said:
Didn't you see my disclaimer?

You are the only :retard: here...:tape:

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cam'ron Giles said:
You are the only :retard: here...:tape:
My point was that Serena is an A-List celebrity so you'd think with all the strings that she could pull that she'd appear on a high profile show as opposed to a low brow sitcom. My Wife & Kids has been on for 4 seasons (according to Volcana) but does it generate any buzz? I thought with Serena's clout she could get on something like Desperate Housewives.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
She won't need to. She has dedicated fans like yourself who make it a business of theirs to know what she's going to be on, where, when, what party, what magazine, who she is dating, etc. You and others really make Serena more than a tennis player, fashion designer, or actress, you make her into her own reality drama spot :)

So in a way, everyone already is watching.

Reactions: Mrs. Peel

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Mynne Dassidy said:

I must admit I do not watch UPN unless it's America's Next Top Model night but I don't consider the network or the show to be garbage. I've actually seen a couple episode of "all of us" before and it's not really that bad, yea the kid is annoying but it's not that bad.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Mynne Dassidy said:

She was on My Wife and Kids (ABC), a pretty well watched show. I guess you missed it.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Volcana said:
Guest starring on network TV is her third career. Fashion design is her second career. No wonder she's won so few GS singles titles. No focus, no commitment... :) Good thing she's the most talented player on the tour.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :lol:

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:
You can be really stupid sometimes...Do you know what the term "baxploitation" means? Have you seen any of the black shows on UPN?

Girlfriend:
2 lawyers
A legal Assistant
A girl with five degrees

Half and Half:
A millionaire family
a law student
a record company vp

Kevin Hill:
A lawyer

One on one:
A tv personality

Or is it just because it's black? or just because you are really stupid and offensive sometimes but too dense to fucking realize that you are being stupid...:rolleyes:
I watch "One on One" all the time...Flex Alexander is HAWT and it's usually pretty funny.! I like watching "Girlfriends", too...just to see Diana Ross' daughter, but her eyes scare me sometimes. I've watched "Kevin Hill" a few times for obvious reasons (Taye Diggs, duh), but I like Michael Michelle, too! :angel: And that gay guy is on there so I have to support my queens. :angel:

I edited my original message, Cam'ron! :wavey: Thanks for setting me straight.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:

Girlfriend:
2 lawyers
A legal Assistant
A girl with five degrees

Half and Half:
A millionaire family
a law student
a record company vp

Kevin Hill:
A lawyer

One on one:
A tv personality
:tape: :rolleyes: :lol: What an idiot!!

All of the above. :lol: Jeeeeeesus :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.