·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she is now behind 5-6 to Pironkova...

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
I'm not sure what about Pironkova's play on all her set points would give anyone the slightest inkling that she's capable of closing Serena out. We'll see though.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Don't know. But the rain delay will probably help Serena. I do think the first set will eventually go to Pironkova though. After that, that's when the real match starts I guess.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
This delay can certainly help Serena in the momentum department...but I wonder if having to essentially re-start the match from 5-6 might not be a problem since it looked like her rhythm was off in the beginning. She was settling into her rhythm before the delay.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Even if Serena loses the first set, something to keep in mind; she has never lost in the first round of a GS.

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
what the fuck is Serena doing? :fiery:
i really don't wanna see her lose 1R in a slam ever! :help:

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Mine too ;)

So if after the rain delay Serena still doesn't want to move, then she'll be in big problems, because she commits errors a lot faster than Pironkova, and in addition Tsvetana is really fast...

·
Premium Member
66,184 Posts
Even if a Miracle ( an unfair one) happens and she wins, with this type of playing she'll lose to the 1st seed she meets .. We all know in what slump tsveti is!

·
Premium Member
13,968 Posts
Pironkova's got the game but not the nerve. If she can serve out that first set maybe she has a chance, but it just as easily can end up being a 7-6 6-0 match for Serena.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't want to call it but I am not positive. In one of her interviews she said she had a surprise for us at the French Open. We have not seen it yet. A small voice is tell me this first round loss is it.

·
Registered
23,560 Posts
serena needs to improve if she wanna win!

but tsvetana had 4sps and did not convert any

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I hope not!

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.