47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she has...

1r: sucha
2r: k. bondarenko
3r. (25) a. bondarenko
4r: (2) sharapova
qf: (5) mauresmo/(25) safarova

i think this is patty's year. the draw gods noticed, too. ;)

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Almost the ideal draw for that scenario. But it still won't be easy...Bondarenkos galore!

·
Rena's Army
35,200 Posts
ummmm I think it's a good draw for her to get to the semis...and I think her head is in it but she did withdraw with an injury before her match so it will be interesting to see what has become of that...and why can't she beat Maria in such an important event?? this isn't Venus...on clay it's a different match

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
ummmm I think it's a good draw for her to get to the semis...and I think her head is in it but she did withdraw with an injury before her match so it will be interesting to see what has become of that...and why can't she beat Maria in such an important event?? this isn't Venus...on clay it's a different match
she has the abilities for sure. but patty is too much of a headcase. i don't think she could handle it very well. but perhaps she'll surprise me.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i wouldnt predict anything with patty!!! she could probably walk through her draw when she's playing her best but knowing patty she could be match point up and suddenly her mind goes else where and before you know it she's out of the match!!!!

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Patty is the Roland Garros 2007 champ
she will confuse Pova with her spins, walk over a nervous Chokomomo, confuse Ivanovic with her spins and take advantage of the finalist that survived the top half to get her hands on the trophy

Patty :worship:

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
as desperate as she is to get back in the top 10 - there's no way she'll make the semi final - and even less of a chance that she'll win a grand slam.

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
It's now or never for Patty. She can reach the final with this draw.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
She can make the final but I can`t see her winning.
I saw both of these matches in 2005:
Berlin Schnyder def. Kuzntesova 62,62
Rome Schnyder def. Sharapova 36,63,61 and Patty still can handle masha and Kuzzie on clay.
But imagine her in the final against Justine. Patty`s game is good against Justine but mentally Patty can`t win.
If Patty was not at all nervous in the final, she could beat Juju. She has the game to do it..but not the head :shrug: (at RG). but maybe she`ll surprise us

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
she will confuse Pova with her spins, walk over a nervous Chokomomo, confuse Ivanovic with her spins and take advantage of the finalist that survived the top half to get her hands on the trophy

Like Rogi (vs. Rafa, who's in Justine's league on clay) Masha is due to show that she can play decently on the surface. If Momo is fully recovered from the operation (which she'll have 2B to make the quarters) having 2 Slams now might get her ova the RG jitters, and she usually Peppers Patty.

Re. Ana, it seems that since she got some advice :angel: last spring she's 2-0 against the Cuckoo Clock (both on red clay incidentally). And RU a fucking traitor or what? :mad: Its a good thing I got Pengwin to translate "the formula" into Mandarin for Pretty Peng this April, not you!

BTW, I haven't checked the draw yet, but didn't realize that Patty's Projected opponents above all have Byes into those rounds. As Chris Berman would say about an upset on NFL Primetime: "That's why they play the games". And why does everyone call PP a headcase? :tape:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
RU a fucking traitor or what? :mad: Its a good thing I got Pengwin to translate "the formula" into Mandarin for Pretty Peng this April, not you!
JR

I am definitely not a traitor :wavey:
this (my avatar) is all just a joke / jink :tape:

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
amen

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
with the way patty is playing on the dirt at the moment, beating serena & martina along the way & providing that she recovers from that little injury then she is in with a chance to reach the semis. but beating maria & amelie on the big stages at slams is a big IF for her.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts

She is sure gunna be doing some confusing then, huh? In that case pencil Romina Oprandi for a late run...cause she can sure do some confusing which, according to you, is a recipe for definite success.

Patty won't get past the 4th round.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts