Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion, the lovely Anastasia Myskina is probably the least commended of the top 10, and has pretty quietly fullfilled her talent to become a top ten player. Her last title came in Sarasota, a tier IV. Hopefully she can win a few more.

I was watching Kuznetsova play Henin-Hardenne last night, and was amazed by her sheer power. I believe Tracy Austin was ranting and raving over the talented 18-year-old. "If only she could muster that power...Oh, she is so talented...Hand picked by the wonderous ( :rolleyes: ) Martina...Blah...Blah. When I have seen Myskina play, she has amazing technique in my mind, but not the same firepower of Zvonereva or Kuznetsova. The Russians are coming, and everyone is dubbing a handful of them to become future top 10 players. I do see this in a few years, when the American generation of Rubin, Davenport, Capriati retire. Myskina is still rather young, but will she be able to quietly keep up? Or should I not be worried?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Myskina will not get past #7-8 in my opinion. She has a unidimensional game and it's not enough these days. She hits harder then Zvonareva but yes Sveta is more powerful.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
shes worried cos Bovina and Sharapova will be there soon!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, Didn't realizet that Myskina was a harder hitter than Vera. A small goal in live is to see Nastya live.

Vs. Dementieva -

QF Sarasota Apr 6 2003 A Myskina(2) - E Dementieva(5) 6-2 3-6 6-1
2 Australian O. Jan 27 2002 E Dementieva(12) - A Myskina 6-4 6-2
SF Moscow Oct 7 2001 E Dementieva(8) - A Myskina-WC 6-77 6-1 7-5
2 Zurich Oct 15 2000 A Myskina-Q - E Dementieva(8) 6-4 2-6 6-1
SF Palermo July 18 1999 A Myskina-Q - E Dementieva 3-6 6-3 6-2

Vs. Vera Zvonareva -

2 Berlin May 11 2003 V Zvonareva - A Myskina(9) 6-1 6-2 :sad:

Vs. Elena Bovina -

1 Sydney Jan 12 2003 E Bovina - A Myskina(5) 6-3 7-5

Vs. Petrova -

2 Sarasota Apr 6 2003 A Myskina(2) - N Petrova-Q 5-7 6-4 1-0
3 Key Bisc. Apr 2 2000 N Petrova - A Myskina 6-1 4-6 6-0 :mad:

Vs. Sveta Kuznetsova -

3 Rome May 18 2003 A Myskina(8) - S Kuznetsova 6-4 7-5
2 Indian W. Mar 16 2003 S Kuznetsova - A Myskina(7) 6-4 6-77 6-3

Vs. Lina Krasnoroutskaya -

2 Wimbledon July 6 2003 A Myskina(10) - L Krasnoroutskaya 6-1 6-4 :bounce:

Vs. Elena Likhovtseva -

F Doha Feb 16 2003 A Myskina(2) - E Likhovtseva(5) 6-3 6-1

Vs. Dinara Safina -

1 Roland Garros June 8 2003 A Myskina(11) - D Safina 6-2 6-2
1 Dubai Feb 23 2003 A Myskina(5) - D Safina-Q 6-4 6-3
QF Doha Feb 16 2003 A Myskina(2) - D Safina 6-2 7-5

Vs. Kournikova -

2 Leipzig Sep 30 2001 A Myskina-LL - A Kournikova(9) 6-4 3-6 6-3

Vs. Alina Jidkova -

1 Sarasota Apr 7 2002 A Myskina - A Jidkova-Q 7-65 6-2

Note, Panova, Maria Sharapova have never played Nastya.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i actually thought that bovina would already be there but she has gone down hill since getting in the top 16. now zvonareva is the talk and she is around about #16. it will be interesting to see whether zvonareva can keep up her form and go higher. i certainly think in a few years the russians will heavily dominate. myskina, zvonareva, bovina, kuznetsova, dementieva, kournikova (if she stays healthy), douchevina, safina, sharapova, petrova, kirilenko and lina k all have a lot of talentand in a couple of years surely some of them have to get to the top 10 especially with davenport, rubin and capriati edging towards the end of their careers. personally i think myskina is one of the lesser talented russians so i do think she will be passed but it may take a couple of years unless she has a bad year.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
huh!vera will be the next top russian!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I don't see Myskina get overtaken as the top Russian for at least another year or so. It just seems like all the other Russians progresses to a point and just stops there. But, hey anything can happen!

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts
as long as she is overtaken in the best means possible then i don't mind :D who goes past her.

she stays around #10 and others jump ahead :D :)

Vera, Nadya or Alyona all got a pretty good shot.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I think Myskina has shown her talent and lived up to her potential. She may hit the No. 9 spot, maybe not.

When I've seena Myskina match, she doesn't strike me as someone who is a big name slayer. I personally cannot see her making it to the QFs or beyond of Slams etc.

Elena D is Russian number two, and plays very well on hardcourts and indoors. I think we will see Elena creep up behind her and take the intiative. In addition, Elena is more of a big match player, with greater power and excellent movement. I also feel the top players are MORE wary of Elena than of Myskina.

No offence, unless Zvonareva can play an attacking game on other surfaces, i can;t see her maing the Top 10.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
DEETHELICK said:
I think Myskina has shown her talent and lived up to her potential. She may hit the No. 9 spot, maybe not.

When I've seena Myskina match, she doesn't strike me as someone who is a big name slayer. I personally cannot see her making it to the QFs or beyond of Slams etc.

Elena D is Russian number two, and plays very well on hardcourts and indoors. I think we will see Elena creep up behind her and take the intiative. In addition, Elena is more of a big match player, with greater power and excellent movement. I also feel the top players are MORE wary of Elena than of Myskina.

No offence, unless Zvonareva can play an attacking game on other surfaces, i can;t see her maing the Top 10.
I agree wholeheartly with your post, well said :yeah:

Reactions: DEETHELICK

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
She'll be top Russian for years and years. At least through '06, barring injury.

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts
Volcana said:
She'll be top Russian for years and years. At least through '06, barring injury.
in that case she'll have to be in top 5 :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eggy - Have you met Anastasia? She seems so elegant, is this true?

I hope she proves the doubters wrong. (Myself included).

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
alyona vera nadya elena B and sveta are climbing fast....

we'll see who makes her breakthrough first ;)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I dont think Ana is the best of the russians shes just more consistant. Elena D, Vera Z, and Elena B the next lot below her can all beat top 5 players. I dont think she can.

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts
brunof: yes Anastasia is indeed very pleasant off the court too, all too nice, no bad words could be said against her :angel:

to the media she's gotten more confident over the last 2 yrs or so before she was more reserved.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
brunof: yes Anastasia is indeed very pleasant off the court too, all too nice, no bad words could be said against her :angel:

to the media she's gotten more confident over the last 2 yrs or so before she was more reserved.
If posing nude on a horse isnt get more confident with the media I dont know what it LOL! :D

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
It's Masha time! :bounce: She will be the #1 ranked Russina in a year and a half even with the Age Restriction Rules still hampering her! :D

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
As long as maria continues to add things to her game she will. She also has a tendancy to loose matches she should not loose to players she should not lose to.

GO MASHA!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts