·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lalalalalala

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
her ONLY chance of any type of title at wimbledon will either be doubles or mixed doubles. Singles?

Let me put it to you this way, she wouldn't even get past the first round in girls singles in the junior competition :)

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
she did beat panova in Eastbourne singles last yr ..... but i agree .... if she did enter singles she would lose 1st rnd.

+ the poll is a bit silly, i mean, i voted for mixed & singles, but i dont think shell win them, I vote that she has a chance in winning them, but none in singles.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
You are a moron Serenaslam, Martina played singles less than a year ago, beat #25 ranked Panova and lost in 3 sets to Hantuchova...

Pull your head out of your ass..

Reactions: galadriel

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
martina herself said that once daniella got her game together at eastbourne last year that she(dani) toook "me(martina) to the cleaners"...so i wouldnt look in to that too much. Daniella is inconsistent.

The fact she beat Tatiana is no surprise. We are talking about the best ever serve/volleyer on grass against a midget whos tactic is to simply keep consistency and go to net only to shake hands..

having said that i am not taking anything away from martina cos i doubt anyone else at her age would beat a top 25 and take a top 10 to 3 sets!!!!!! its still an achievement :)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
and yes! if she won australian open on a surface not suited to her game anywhere near as much as grass then ofcourse its possible that she can do it at wimby

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
SM - I dont read too much into the 3 set result against Hantuchova, other than the fact that Martina was nearly good enough to knowck her off when she wasnt playing well..

But you can definitely read enough into it to know that she would DEFINITELY get past the 1st round of the girls singles!!!

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
Nobody has ever played at the net as well as Martina N. Her skills are awesome. But it's probably mixed doubles or nothing at this stage of her career.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Martina could conceivably beat people Ranked below 35, 40

so i dont see why she couldnt sneak to the 3rd round

but anyway

shes the fave for Mixed and Doubles, i think

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
She'd wipe the floor with the Over 35s Invitational field ;)

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Yes, She Will Win Singles ??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
In your dreams she can win even a Golden Slam ;)

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
She has a good chance at mixed, since she won the Aus Open and Wimbledon is her better surface. Her and Kuznetsova are a good team who might win the doubles together if the Willaims sisters dont enter. If she does enter singles again since she beat Panova she could possibly get to the 3rd round with the right draw.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
If she continues to play well in doubles there is no reason why she will not win another title at wimby.

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
She's had a very good doubles run recently. Assuming Sveta isn't rusty after not playing for a while (due to being underage, I think), they have a pretty good chance for the title. I suspect that Martina's serve isn't quite good enough to get past the Williams sisters, but I think she & Sveta can beat every other team on their day.

Mixed doubles she has an even better chance at. With a little bit of luck with the draw, she & Paes could take a second GS title together.

Singles? Not a hope in hell. I suspect she could beat most players under #30 or so, but even with the kindest of draws that would mean third round at best.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Martina would NOT lose first round singles if she played. She took a set off Hantuchova, who made the quarters at Wimbledon! Beating Dokic, another good grass court player! She could make it to the fourth round with a decent draw.

I agree that if the Williams sisters aren't playing, Martina has a great chance to win the doubles title! She seems to be better now than she was a couple years ago when she first came back on the tour, and her partners are more comfortable playing with her now. GO MARTINA!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts