Tennis Forum banner

Will Marti commit to Pea's Backyard Open?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pea's Backyard Open? :p ;)

·
Banned
462 Posts
Pea, I say she'll play but who's she gonna play against?
Umm I play tennis Pea, can I be entered in the tournament, haha don't worry Marti WILL beat me! :D ;)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
LMAO!!!!! Of course you can play blogger! But you have to play qualifying first!;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sorry to have to say this, but I don't think she will.

1) She'll be busy with other commitments, such as The Tournament With Actual Opposition Championships, held annually at Anywhere But There.

2) And what about the trophy, huh? I think she's actually appreciate one that she can SEE. Can you imagine her holding her empty hands up in the air?

3) I think Martina would appreciate having her fans there, and I don't think the legions of the Hingis Army will fit into the Backyard Arena.

4) What about the prize money? Even though they don't play for the money, I'm sure she'd rather SOME, than just a couple of garden vegetables.

5) Somehow, I don't think the world #3, is going to commit to playing a Tier 863. She might want to play some Tier 1s and 2s.

And Lastly, I think the (clothes)line judges aren't doing a very good job. She's hardly getting any calls her way. And the umpire never comes down from his/her seat up on the roof to have a look at the call either. Have some respect for the players, man.

:rolleyes: @ self.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
:rolleyes: @destructo girl!

The trophy is my heart!:hearts:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I don't want to play with the gardner.:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The trophy is your heart??? So let's get this straight: it's Pea's tournament and there's no prizemoney... gee, you're onto a winner with this one!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
If you can win me than why would you need the prize money?!?!?!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Sorry Chris, you were ranked too low to play here anyways!:p

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Pfffff!! I would win if I play here and you know it!!!
But this tournament is Tier 863, so only for incredibly worse players like you.
Thats one of the reason Marti will never play here.
Me and Marti will play some mixed doubles on a sunny island far away!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Now, you are delusional!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Another reason why Martina won't be playing at the Pea's Backyard Open.

Anna's frightened of the Pea, he creeps her out, and we all know that Martina and Anna are gonna be playing together, so Martina's going to respect Anna's decision of not going to Pea's Backyand Open, and join her, at a more inclusive championship.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
And also, I was wondering,

Would this be the only time a seeded player could drop down 274 places, to #277 by playing in a tournament?

I think she'd lose ranking points by beating players, who no one's ever heard of before.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
And who are the sponsers btw?

I think Martina would have a hard time with her acceptance speech (cos we all know she'd win anyway), saying:

"I'd like to thank the sponsers of this Open, McCain Foods. They have great peas."

1 - 20 of 48 Posts