Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, Monica was stabbed. Yes, Martina had a bad year last year. That doesn't matter, what matters is now. We kno Martina will pass Steffi in Prize money, but Seles is 11 Titles up on Martina. When and where will Martina catch Monica and pass her?

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
with Martina winning on average 6-7 titles aa year and Monica playing well again (meaning winning more titles), I don't think it would happen for at least 2 years.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
About a year..

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
2004 at the earliest!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Within 18 months (providing Monica dosent win a title in that time which is unlikely)

Hingis is only 21 so she will definitely outlast Monica but it may take 2/3 years.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It depends on Monica, I'd say.

I don't see Hingis stop winning, so Monica has to win a few to keep the distance.

I think Hingis will win 7-8 titles this year, minimum. I see 2-3 for Monica. So, sometimes next year if it keeps up.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Originally posted by tenn_ace:
Originally posted by tenn_ace:
with Martina winning on average 6-7 titles aa year and Monica playing well again (meaning winning more titles), I don't think it would happen for at least 2 years.
I don't believe it, but I agree with this post. Even though Hingis only won 3 titles in 2001, she seems to have found her second win and she should win at least 5-7 titles this year. Monica definitely won't leave 2002 empty-handed.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
A year? You think Martina will win 11 titles MORE than Monica in the next year or so? Keep smoking that stuff.

·
Registered
802 Posts
if tennis finds a way to limit "power play", Hingis has not only a chance to overcome Seles in total titles, but also to pass the 100 signpost!

As Slams are concerned, i think she'll end up her career next to the greats.
(if she stays injury free, of course)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Probably.. it isn't too hard. Just 3 more years I think.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
I would think 2 more years...by the end of 2003 she could, but probably bout half way through 2004...ofcourse injuries could change all that...

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
What i would like to see is Martina passing the 100 TOTAL titles...right now she has 40 in singles and 35 in doubles....75 in total...

How long does everyone think it will be till martina wins 100 in total?

i think say 6/7 singles this year, plus about 7 doubles probably (if anna/martina play all year and consistently that could be more!)

So with say 14 tournaments this year, i would guess maybe end of 2004 and martina should have 100 total tournaments...what an accomplishment!!!!

Good Luck Martina!!!

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Well I hope Martina wouldn't take over Monica so soon since that would mean Monica would be doing really bad.. But yeah maybe in about 5 years or so.. Meanwhile I want to see both do really well..

Martina will reach the 100 total (singles & doubles) easily. Say in about 2-3 years?

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Martina is only 21 and has 40 titles already... she's still good for another 9-10 years on the tour. Monica is 28 now, so Martina definately will have the leg up on her. I think she will match Monica for career titles maybe sometime next year.

·
Registered
836 Posts
It will probably take her about 2 1/2 years to get the 100

As for slams i think maybe one in every 6/8 when she breaks her drought.
Methinks this will happen at roland Garross!!

Go Tina!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts