Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you all think Kim will play more doubles this year? I think she still has a shot of tying with Ai for #1 at the end of the year, but only if they win a couple more tournaments.

They will qualify for the doubles Championships, but since it's usually held in conjunction with the singles, I am doubting that Kim will playthe doubles. What do you think?

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
jenglisbe said:
Do you all think Kim will play more doubles this year? I think she still has a shot of tying with Ai for #1 at the end of the year, but only if they win a couple more tournaments.

They will qualify for the doubles Championships, but since it's usually held in conjunction with the singles, I am doubting that Kim will playthe doubles. What do you think?
I think Kim will definately play LA. If they play a tournament before then I would say probably Zurich. Cause there are torunaments in Asia that Ai normally plays now and I think they are on the same time as Leipzig, not sure of Filderstadt. And I don't think Ai is playing Luxembourg, but she could be. So yeah I think they will play LA, if they do play and win it they will definately be doubles team of the year, and that would be a great honour that I am sure Kim would love to achieve. Also in a article (one that was translated) Lei said Kim was playing in two masters at the end of the year, so I think she will play I don't think she would play with Ai all year and then just withdraw on Ai at the last minute. They've worked hard to get there and deserve to be doubles team of the year.
But I don't know if they will play a tournament before then, but I think they will play Zurich.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
They'll definately play the masters!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you all so sure they will play the Masters? Kim showed at the Open - and during summer - that she will let her singles take priority. At the Masters, she will be playing 5 singles matches in a week (potentially) again the top players. That could get tough.

The doubles even will only involve 4 teams, though, right? Is it round-robin, too, or just a SF and final? Depending how the spread it out, Kim could do that.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
One of Kim's biggest desires was to win the doubles title in Los Angeles this year!

She will play.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
jenglisbe said:
Why are you all so sure they will play the Masters? Kim showed at the Open - and during summer - that she will let her singles take priority. At the Masters, she will be playing 5 singles matches in a week (potentially) again the top players. That could get tough.

The doubles even will only involve 4 teams, though, right? Is it round-robin, too, or just a SF and final? Depending how the spread it out, Kim could do that.
Kim will play for sure, as mentioned that was the whole point of the season, to qualify for LA in doubles. I wouldn't worry about Kim getting tired though if that's what you're thinking. The doubles is single elimination, which I think it pretty funny actually :p Kim will play a maximum of 2 doubles matches ;)

Not much of a competition really..they start from the semi final position :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts