Tennis Forum banner

Will Kim beat Serena at the US Open, win the title and take the no.1 spot?

• Yes

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 51.5%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say yes. Her time has finally come.

·
Registered
24,988 Posts
Not sure. I have been wishing so since AO this year and now see what she has done in the GS so far...well I sure hope she does though!

·
Registered
449 Posts
haha I dont think shes winning a grand slam anytime soon

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Hmmm....does this say something: the last FOUR opens have been won by a Williams! On hardcourts it´s just hard for people to beat them, specially Kim. ´Cause there´s nothing Kim that the sisters don´t do better. The only way is that Serena and Venus are on the same half and tire each other out. Otherwise......wait till next year for slam no.1 for Kimmie girl!

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
No. Venus and Serena, especially Venus, really want to win this one. Kim will not win on the hardcourts of New York....ever. Hopefully, Venus will lift her 5th Grand Slam Trophy!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
i don't think so. the us open seems to be really dominated by the americans. however seles won't be there (will she?) so that opens up a spot but there will still be venus, serena, lindsay and jen. something else that concerns me is that match kim had with kuznetsova last year at the us open.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Kim's best chance will be if Vee and Ree end up on the same side. I don't think she can beat Venus if she is healthy. :cool:

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Her time has definitely come and she is clearly a superior player than the WS. An overloaded schedule and a weak coach stands in the way of that GS win this year though.
The press will be all over her and she will win the Australian Open 2004 thanks to some focus.

My prediction :

- She grabs that #1 spot and looses the final against Serena Williams.
- Kim Clijsters wins the Australian Open 2004.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Serena will defend her title successfully.;)

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
yadda yadda yadda! she won't :dance:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.