Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's the player on form right now in women's tennis, and she had the smarts to not play Los Angeles- wadayathink?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luci said:
I'd say its between her and Venus (well that depends) and Kim.
I was just up in Toronto this past weekend, and the whole town is plastered with flags featuring great pics of Justine, Venus, Kim and Daniela- good to see actually!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,640 Posts
I hope she does :) but little depends on the draw. good thing is that she hasn't have a lot to defend :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,084 Posts
I think that is between Justine and Venus (depending on Venus' health), and Kim (if she won't be tired still)!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
I think it's only between Venus ans Justine.
And I'm really hopin for a match between the 2, no matter if it's the semis or the finals, though i'd prefer the finals.
 

·
In my new place!!
Joined
·
22,955 Posts
Nope, dont think so...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,825 Posts
go venus, go kim!!!

that's all I will say. :D ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
alfajeffster said:
I was just up in Toronto this past weekend, and the whole town is plastered with flags featuring great pics of Justine, Venus, Kim and Daniela- good to see actually!
Really! :confused:
What part of the 5-million-inhabitant town did you actually see?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TennisPower said:
Really! :confused:
What part of the 5-million-inhabitant town did you actually see?
The banners were all up and down Younge Street, Church Street, Jarvis Street, as well as down by the lake front. They were really beautifully done- dark blue backgrounds, Kim poised to hit a slice backhand, and next to her Hantuchova looking like she's crouched to hit a return of serve. The other one has Venus and Kim on the same banner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,742 Posts
alfajeffster said:
I was just up in Toronto this past weekend, and the whole town is plastered with flags featuring great pics of Justine, Venus, Kim and Daniela- good to see actually!
Looks like the Canadians are doing a lot more to promote their tournament than the people in LA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
I think it's only between Venus ans Justine
Well venus is out so you think henin will win. Nce no pressure for Kim, amazing how someone loses one match on hardocourt and she is no good anymore.

Come on Kim prove all the doubters wrong :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,837 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
Looks like the Canadians are doing a lot more to promote their tournament than the people in LA.
yeah, there's loads of posters on Bay St. where I live. Tennis Canada and RogersATT really seem to be hyping this tournament well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,118 Posts
I thought Venus pulled out?? Anyways.......with Clijsters just being pushed to 3 sets by Sharapova tonight, you bet Justine will be the fresher one next week;) ALLEZ JUJU BAGGINS!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
well she will probably get a shite easy draw through to the final where she will struggle in a few earlier rounds where she will face kim agen...take a time out after losing the first set, put her hand-up in the 3rd set tiebraker on 9-8 in favour of kim (kim didnt c) and win the match 2-6 6-3 7-6 (8) coz she can only cheat to win tournies!

go away "for sure"-no1 is scared of u nor eva will b!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
curtain said:
well she will probably get a shite easy draw through to the final where she will struggle in a few earlier rounds where she will face kim agen...take a time out after losing the first set, put her hand-up in the 3rd set tiebraker on 9-8 in favour of kim (kim didnt c) and win the match 2-6 6-3 7-6 (8) coz she can only cheat to win tournies!

go away "for sure"-no1 is scared of u nor eva will b!

:lol:

Frustrated?

Learn to live with it, Justine is just an amazing player!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,488 Posts
I wouldn't be that surprised if Justine lost before the finals... I don't know. it's just "a feeling"...
As long as she wins the US-Open, I don't realy mind...
Gooooooo Justine! :bounce:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lady

·
Banned
Joined
·
947 Posts
all signs point to a henin-hardenne victory in toronto. if she falls, then that person should win the canadian open because henin-hardenne is definitely the one to beat at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
I think she will win over Kim in the finals. But also remember, Amelie is the defending. What are her chances?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top