Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've played 3 finals this year and Justine won 2 and was on her way to win 1, it seems like Kim has been having trouble playing against Justine lately. In Berlin, Kim had three match points before Justine blew her away. In Paris, Kim lost the first set 0-6 regardless of havinng 8 BPs. And in the Ordina Open, Kim was in the lead in the first but managed to lose it in the tie-break.

What do y'all think? Will the h2h change tieds this season?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
596 Posts
shap_half said:
They've played 3 finals this year and Justine won 2 and was on her way to win 1, it seems like Kim has been having trouble playing against Justine lately. In Berlin, Kim had three match points before Justine blew her away. In Paris, Kim lost the first set 0-6 regardless of havinng 8 BPs. And in the Ordina Open, Kim was in the lead in the first but managed to lose it in the tie-break.

What do y'all think? Will the h2h change tieds this season?
I think justine has bettered a lot, and won't be blown away that easy anymore, but the wins you talk about are on justines best and second best surface, while kims best is hard court, so, i do not think justine will "blow away" kim in the h2h's, but i think it will be very close in h2h's from now on, with justine the advantage on clay, and maybe on grass, but kim on other surfaces...

·
Registered
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SerenaJWilliams said:
on hardcourt? their h2h will change for sure.....Kim will put hella distance between them
You don't think that the mental aspect of having lost to Justine in so many tournaments may affect Kim's ability to close out matches against Justine in the future?

·
Registered
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great smash said:
:confused: You surely most have counted more than I have...
Well I mean two finals are alot. If Kim hadn't lost those two finals then I don't wouldn't even discuss this, but in the third final, just came from behind like 2-5 iirc to then win the 1st set on a tie break. That says something, if Kim can't close out against Justine on a faster surface where Kim's power should be dominating...

·
Registered
11,104 Posts
Well. I guess Justine is playing much better than before and she's beat Jennifer and Lindsay (who are good hard court players) already this year!!
So I guess we just have to wait and see!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Well Justine was still Kim's biatch early this year before the clay season started. She then somehow got over her mental block with Kim and has taken it to her in all their matches since. Dunno how surfaces factor into this though...Kim was supposed to be a mediocre grass court player based on her previous results but really shined this year, will Justine do the same this summer?

·
Banned
973 Posts
caelestia said:
Well Justine was still Kim's biatch early this year before the clay season started. She then somehow got over her mental block with Kim and has taken it to her in all their matches since. Dunno how surfaces factor into this though...Kim was supposed to be a mediocre grass court player based on her previous results but really shined this year, has Justine improved since the Australian hardcourt season to do the same this summer?
Kim was leading 3-0 in the second set when Justine fell on her left hand.
Which means she was regrouping, and I am sure she would have won that final, the way she played at Wimbledon was great, how many players can hit 25 winners against Venus? (don't bring the Venus injury cause she was moving just fine)

·
Registered
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sofiane said:
Kim was leading 3-0 in the second set when Justine fell on her left hand.
Which means she was regrouping, and I am sure she would have won that final, the way she played at Wimbledon was great, how many players can hit 25 winners against Venus? (don't bring the Venus injury cause she was moving just fine)
Nope Justine fell and broke her hand in the middle of the second game of the second set. She went on to play the third game and lost at love and so she stopped. I think this is what happened. And also, Kim was leading just 5-2 in the first before Justine came back to win...

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Nobody can say who would have won the match. And Kim was leading 3-0 but she was leading also in set 1 and couldn't close it out ;)

Well Justine did get better this year .. physically AND mental so she must do better ... although every match need to be played and futer will show us the resultes ( :eek:)

I think can do some good stuff on hardcourts :yeah:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
shap_half said:
Nope Justine fell and broke her hand in the middle of the second game of the second set. She went on to play the third game and lost at love and so she stopped. I think this is what happened. And also, Kim was leading just 5-2 in the first before Justine came back to win...
There sure are some exaggerations in this thread. BROKE her hand?! I don't think so. Besides, it's not her playing hand. It was just fine at Wimbledon. A faked injury, maybe?! :p :eek:

I feel that Kim's going to keep dominating Justine on hardcourts. It wasn't long ago when she dispatched her at the yearend champs in LA. I was at that match. Kim made Justine look like a qualifer (she did the same to Chanda).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.