Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an all-Belgian final in the USOpen, and I would expect the crowd to be a little subdued or slightly favouring Kim under normal circumstances, but that might have changed after Justine's amazing comeback victory over Capriati... Justine's had her share of bad Press in the US, even Ted seems to hold a grudge against her, and she doesn't handle interviews in English as well as Kim does, but her never-die attitude and fighting spirit during the semi's might have earned her some new fans and newfound respect from the public... Can she capitalize on her great victory to have the crowd support in the finals, or the crowd will definitely support Kim or remain undecided/indifferent?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I dont think so. Kim seems to be a clear crowd favourite, and they'll probably be pissed off at Justine for beating Capriati when she had the match in her hands. They havent been cheering too much for Justine in her previous matches and i expect that to stay the same.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No. Most people like Kim much better. Since the French Open it seems like a lot of people that I know are now turned off by her.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sentimental and Justine in the same sentence?? Seems odd. Ju Ju lost those kind of points at the French. Even when she got gypped on a point playing Jen Jen, it seemed like poetic justice. No more poor little Justine.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Deira said:
Sentimental and Justine in the same sentence?? Seems odd. Ju Ju lost those kind of points at the French. Even when she got gypped on a point playing Jen Jen, it seemed like poetic justice. No more poor little Justine.
I agree. I thought it was an odd question seeing how a lot of people felt after the French but I answered it anyway. The crowds haven't exactly showed that they are rooting for her like they use to since the French so I thought it was pretty obvious that Justine was no longer in the sentimental category. She may be the one they will pick to win because she's mentally stronger than Kim but that's about it.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
ARE YOU CRAZY? JUSTINE WILL NEVER BE THE CROWD FAVORITE. She cheated man!

She might get a tomato thrown at her head.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
ARE YOU CRAZY? JUSTINE WILL NEVER BE THE CROWD FAVORITE. She cheated man!

She might get a tomato thrown at her head.

from a lunatic like yourself? possibly... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I don't think Kim inspires strong feelings. I think Justine does and most of the great ones do. Fans love 'em or hate 'em. I think she goes in with greater potential to get the crowd behind her. I'd expect it to start out equal. If Justine's grit can carry her through to a real fight, I think she'll have the crowd, win or lose.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Bella said:
I don't think Kim inspires strong feelings. I think Justine does and most of the great ones do. Fans love 'em or hate 'em. I think she goes in with greater potential to get the crowd behind her. I'd expect it to start out equal. If Justine's grit can carry her through to a real fight, I think she'll have the crowd, win or lose.
Dreamer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts