Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
25,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't be surprised if Juju gets upset a few times early this year, even here at Australia.
She's changing her game and talking about it. More weights. A different service motion. In the long run this will help her combat the big babes. Change comes at a price though, and that price often includes a loss or two adjusting to a changed game. If this happens I hope Juju swallows the defeats and goes on with her newer game. The risk is worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Well, she is changing her serve, but she needs to, if she has to lose some matches, well, be it but she really needs a better serve.

Regarding the weights, and think that has been exaggerated. I compared many photos of Justine from last year and this year and she really looks the same, and I read in an interview that she is really only trying to get a little stronger, but she really wants to play more at the net and doesn't want to lose her touch.

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
HEY!

Don't you go bursting my happy Juju bubble!:D :D :D

Let me, and her other fans, enjoy her while she lasts, THEN make these points! :angel:

YOU GO, JUSTINE! Don't listen to that Rollo raining on your parade!! :kiss:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
She did change her service motion, and she will need a lot of time to get it consistent. But it's a very good motion. She hit a service of 174 km/hour, that the second fastest serve of the women's tourni (after Venus with 182km/hour)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Venus now has a 190km/h serve... :p

And she did it without leaping ;)

But Justine is impressive all the same, she is able to hit such hard serves while being so short. Truly amazing!

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
She will lose today to Marta ;)

Today is Marta's birthday so Justine will give her that present :bounce: :p

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Hope you're right anabel ;)

If Justine loses then Nicole Pratt may have a chance to get the 4th rnd!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nope !
Malaye, chanting incantations and waving her gris-gris @ anabel & louloubelle (are you 2 related ?) - to ward off their satanic predictions.
Go Justine !

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
I hope she doesn't, but IMNSHO, it takes real guts to risk a few upsets by trying to change and improve your game rather than stay in safety mode. and bravo to her if that's what she's doing!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I saw a bit of Henin's match vs. Kournikova and thought she looked the same (physically). Her service motion is a bit different.
I, too, applaud her for being proactive about trying to continue to improve her game. She can hang with the big hitters better than most other players of her stature, but its great she's already looking to improve. That's what frustrated me about Hingis for a while. She was regressing against the bigger hitters (slower serves, less aggressive play) and for a long time didn't seem to be working on improving her game (yes, I know she was number 1, but there was room for improvement). I respect Hingis for using her injury to seemingly work on her serve and her quickness and aggressiveness. I'm glad that Henin isn't worried about perhaps taking one step back to go two steps forward. sometimes I think that was what Hingis was worried about.
Ruth in Philly PA USA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts