Tennis Forum banner

will she ever win

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
poor girl all those close 3-sets finals :sobbing: will she ever be able to win at least one?
Things are looking a bit worse with Serena and Vika coming back
I hope she can do it she really deserves at least one

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,469 Posts
Probably. It isn't written in stone that she will win one and she is going to have to keep working hard, but probably she will win one.

·
Registered
31,977 Posts
She's in factor everywhere but she'll need to develop a net game as it would help her so much.
Simona has to be the favourite in Paris.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I said at the start of the year that Caro and Simo will split the slams in 2018. Caro the hardcourt slams, Simo RG and Wimby.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes. Halep has evolved her games and mentality even with this loss to Sunshine. She has a balanced games between attacking and defending. She has a great record on clay. Maybe FO 2018 it is.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I doubt it. Not everyone has a set and a break in 2 GS Final

Cheer so hard for Halep today but somehow she fall again :p
Halep is the very worst mental midget when GS finals and their going (game for game) are taken into consideration. This obviously leads to a clear conclusion: Miss Help will never win a single one GS. And just for me, I like these falls, since Sharapova, Ostapenko and even Wozniacki (in terms of her steadiness in WTA) have much more to offer than this little girl (little mentally, little game-wise).

·
Registered
803 Posts
Halep is the very worst mental midget when GS finals and their going (game for game) are taken into consideration. This obviously leads to a clear conclusion: Miss Help will never win a single one GS. And just for me, I like these falls, since Sharapova, Ostapenko and even Wozniacki (in terms of her steadiness in WTA) have much more to offer than this little girl (little mentally, little game-wise).
Your hatred aside, there's at least one player who was a worst Slam finalist and a greater "mental midget" than Halep, and that's Lisicki.

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Probably Roland Garros this year if she stays healthy.

·
Registered
53,417 Posts
To all those haters who say she can't:

If Wozniacki can win it after all these years, then she can also

Reactions: Allegro and Nicky91

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I think she definitely has the game to do it - she just needs to survive the mental hurdle. It is heartbreaking for her because she had a huge chance in all her finals and she played very different games in those three - but at least she showed signs of fighting for it in each one of those finals (ok, maybe not so much in the final against Ostapenko - but that one was a shocker for most people).

Her case is not really comparable to Safina's: Dinara never really stood a chance in any single one of her finals because she never believed for a second that she could win - she didn't even fight hard to win a set. Clijsters was 0-4 in singles' finals at one point in her career - with two of those finals being tough battles. Simona can follow Kim's path at Slams.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts