Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Wozniacki and Oudin burst into the scene, there was quite the animosity and hatred towards them. It never left Wozniacki, even to this day. With Melanie it was pretty brutal. Posters here said comments such as a baby was born each time she would lose :SNE: people rooted against her to her downfall to the ITFs and up until her health issues that finally forced her to retire.
Seeing the new threads and comments on Coco, is she reaching this kind of audience and brand in tennis?

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
If she plays well and wins, yes...she will maybe even surpass the level of hate Maria gets.

Reactions: Miranda

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I don't think so as I hope that people will start to differentiate between Cori as a Player and her obnoxious Fans here at TF.

I sorta like Cori's Parents. Very down to earth people :)

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
There hasn't been much hatred directed at Gauff herself. (A bit, because this is TF and there are plenty of hateful posters.)

You need to distinguish between hatred of the player and hatred of the hype around them.

And I've said it before, but if you are happy with how Gauff's team has been managing her post-Wimbledon, then you clearly don't care about her long-term welfare... you just want the excitement of the short-term buzz.

I think Gauff can be truly great, and I'm rooting her to be truly great... and I want her to still be truly great in 10-15 years, not yet another teen prodigy burnout. I want her to follow Venus and Serena's path, not Oudin or Vaidisova or Capriati.

·
The hate she's getting is disgusting. The amount of people who voted she'd win ZERO grand slams just proves that people have an agenda against her and I think it's a disgrace how so-called WTA fans are lambasting a young girl who can save this disaster of a tour and bring some credibility back to women's tennis. We should be encouraging her success if we want women's tennis to get out of the struggle that its in. It's interesting that the haters are certain fan groups of current top players who are clearly on the way out; bitterness and jealousy. Sad.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
The hate she's getting is disgusting. The amount of people who voted she'd win ZERO grand slams just proves that people have an agenda against her and I think it's a disgrace how so-called WTA fans are lambasting a young girl who can save this disaster of a tour and bring some credibility back to women's tennis. We should be encouraging her success if we want women's tennis to get out of the struggle that its in. It's interesting that the haters are certain fan groups of current top players who are clearly on the way out; bitterness and jealousy. Sad.
:haha:

:hah: heavyhorse raged at "haters" :happy:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
When will all these Gauff thread stop?

Most tennis fans love Gauff but she´s still an unknown teen for the wide public

Start asking about Gauff when she´s won anything relevant, just a half wimbledon run at 15 doesn´t make her the next Serena

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
The threads and talk of her need to die down a bit. She is only 15, has sooo much potential, but needs a lot of work. She is not a world beater. She will lose TONS of matches over the next couple years, and it doesn't mean she should retire or that she will just remain a journeywoman her whole career. But I really don't understand why people would hate on her, because the media or tennis fans want to see her, and want her to do well. All Cori does is want to be the best tennis player she can be. ANYONE on here, that was a 15 yr old tennis player, would take every opportunity she has had. I don't want anyone to tell me any different. If you got offered money, or a sponsorship, or a big court, or an exho opportunity....you would all take them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hate her arrogance and her lack of humility. For me it is incompressible that every tournament she attends says phrases like "I came to win this tournament." The truth is that she needs to be more grounded and I think that the pressure they are putting on the part of the wta will end up affecting her. Her tennis is not a crazy thing, so I don't think she will save the WTA or that she will be the next GOAT.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When will all these Gauff thread stop?

Most tennis fans love Gauff but she´s still an unknown teen for the wide public

Start asking about Gauff when she´s won anything relevant, just a half wimbledon run at 15 doesn´t make her the next Serena
Everyone is overestimating Gauff. She hasn't won anything yet and everyone believes that she will be the next Serena Williams.

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
She is a humble and nice girl. I hope with the hate she gets, she'll keep proving the haters wrong by winning slams in years to come, as many as possible.:rocker2:

·
Registered
14,785 Posts
You mean, like some Maria fans on twitter who went krunk on twitter when Gauff made her run at Wimbledon, and when some of those same Maria fans said she's ugly and not as beautiful or elegant as Maria was when she won Wimbledon at 17?

·
Registered
14,785 Posts
She will have to deal with unreal hate from jealous, insecure Williams tards. Their base is big so - yes, she will reach that level.
Serena's already made her place in sports history. Little to nothing left to prove. Too bad you weren't on twitter when some Maria fans were saying that she's ugly and not as beautiful or elegant as Maria when she made her run at Wimbledon and won it @ 17.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
I hate her arrogance and her lack of humility. For me it is incompressible that every tournament she attends says phrases like "I came to win this tournament." The truth is that she needs to be more grounded and I think that the pressure they are putting on the part of the wta will end up affecting her. Her tennis is not a crazy thing, so I don't think she will save the WTA or that she will be the next GOAT.
I mean she sure as hell didn't come to lose it so....:unsure:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts