Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,039 Posts
He was tested at Miami, not Wimbledon.As for the ban, it'll depend if they decide that the test was during the competition or not (cause he withdrew from Miami).

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
It should be. Too bad..
Such a wasting talent

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
I'm hearing that 3 months is most likely, if any ban is given at all.

Just because he did cocaine aswell doesn't mean he should get the same 2 year ban incurred on Hingis. He should get a shorter ban IMO - just like Hingis should have had.

·
Registered
528 Posts
He'll get a shorter ban but than the ITF will need to do some explaining of their actions towards Martina.
He tested positive during a tournament it doesn't matter that he withdrew from his first match.If he thought that he's inocent he shoud've come out as Martina, not letting us learn from the newpaper.I read that he's waiting for his hair sample result, I don't see how this would change anything because Martina's hair sample was negative and it didn't help her atall.

·
Registered
16,039 Posts
He'll get a shorter ban but than the ITF will need to do some explaining of their actions towards Martina.
He tested positive during a tournament it doesn't matter that he withdrew from his first match.If he thought that he's inocent he shoud've come out as Martina, not letting us learn from the newpaper.I read that he's waiting for his hair sample result, I don't see how this would change anything because Martina's hair sample was negative and it didn't help her atall.
It will change something cause if thest was made after the withdrawl, he was not in the tournament anymore (so off-competition).For the hair sample thing, it's cause he will try to show that he is not a regular user.He'll probably defend himself saying it was a one-time experience.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
It will change something cause if thest was made after the withdrawl, he was not in the tournament anymore (so off-competition).For the hair sample thing, it's cause he will try to show that he is not a regular user.He'll probably defend himself saying it was a one-time experience.
Oh please. Off competition? It's not the off season. There is no difference at all. Do you mean snorting is ok when you don't play tournaments during the year? Whether you play or not we are in the middle of the season :tape:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Hmmm... he should be slapped with a 6month ban. 3month's is nothing really. Even if he's innocent, it'll teach him to be more cautious.

Hingis being banned for 2 years was rediculous.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
He was tested at Miami, not Wimbledon.As for the ban, it'll depend if they decide that the test was during the competition or not (cause he withdrew from Miami).
Exactly. He wasn't caught during a tournament like Martina was... :eek:

I wonder if he's really a one-time user though. What an idiot. Couldn't he do this stuff during the off-season? :bolt:

·
Registered
12,791 Posts
its most probably being considered in competition

his hair test was negative for cocaine

he is suspended from now until they hear the case, and the suspension, whatever is decided, will be taken from today

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.