Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Eggy has left already. I hope he can report in here, and give us the INSIDE SCOOP!

The half of the draw with all the Russians plays on Tuesday.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I think he is.:) At least I hope so.:eek:

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
I hope Eggie will give us some good reports here about Russians! I am so mad that all Russians are in the top half and none in the bottom half of Aussie Open. That really sucks!

Go Eggie Go! :bounce: :bounce: :kiss:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I talked to eggy before he went to AUS OPEN, he said he will try to leave a message to us in here at night time.

Best wish to all Russian girls in AUS OPEN

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
That's great!

Have a fun trip Eggy!

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
G'Day from down under :)

Just got here around 2 hours ago and :eek:

Had to come in here and say Hi .

One good thing is that all the girls are playing on Tuesday which gives me time to adjust my body to time zone.

Not sure what i'm doing tomorrow yet, if i wake up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great to hear from you Egg!!! :wavey:

We can't wait to hear your reports! I am quite confident you will be back to your old, cool self by Tuesday. :cool:

I hope you will also follow fresh2flash's suggestion and tell the girls to come look at the international support they have on this board. :hearts: :hearts:

Rest up and then GO HELP 'EM, EGGY! We are counting on YOU! :angel:

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
Wow EGGIE! Congrats for making it at last! Now, all Russian needs your support all the way! I am really excited for you. *clap* *clap* :bounce::bounce::bounce:

You know what but I don't know if it's too much for you, all Russians from Aussie Open will be playing on Tuesday. So, two Russians from Australian Hardcourt junior event will be playing today (Monday, your time). So you could pop in (and it's free!) and watch them. If you can't, you can always watch them next week when junior Russians will be playing. You may prefer to watch all Russian practicing all day today (Monday).:wavey:

You have lots of options to decide...but you will have a blast while we are stuck at home and can't watch everything! We rely on Internet (thank god for that!). :angel:

Even you are shy but, you have the guts to tell Russians to check out here that they have huge great supporters! :cool: :D

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Great to know that you are now there safe and sound. ;)

Looking forward to your reports!

Go Russian girls!

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
I didnt see Anna v Justine as Lina's match was gonna start around then :sad:
started off with Elena L, only saw her 1st set and she was shocking, spraying balls all over.

I missed quite a bit of action as Lina got injured and her ankle isn't looking good. :sad:
Doubles is pretty much iffy , gonna check and see overnight how it goes after icing but doubles looks doubtful.

Lina was doing good after a slow start, striking the ball well but lots of errors. Then after she went over on her ankle in middle of 2nd set she couldnt really put much on her serve as it was her left ankle and Conchita moved her abour and had an easy time. She must have hit 15 of her winners after Lina got injured.

Missed quite a bit of Sveta's match only saw the final few games after she led 2-0, she got pretty tense, not timing her shots when she blew a 4-0 lead but luckily she broke again for 5-4 and serve out in style.

Missed all of Bovina's pitiful performance.... that was shocking when i saw her come back after only an hour, thought she had won but she played awful her coach said.

Elena couldn't do much right at all, serve wasn't doing much, hit lots of winners but for every winner she made 2 errors so rather pointless.

Nastya's match was moved to court 5 as a mens match was taking forever on 10.

Nastya nearly gave me nightmares, 40 up all things going great, went over and checked Iroda for a little which was on next court across.

Iroda was just too powerful for 'Pitu' after she lost her 1st serve she began to dominate with her power but left that as Anastasia match got tense.
that 9th game in 1st set ..... that went on for around 20 mins, one way then other. Nastya should have closed it out when she got to 5-4 0-30 up.
Nastya drives me crazy when she has these patches when all of a sudden she starts to spray balls around and bouncing her racquet.
PHEW !!!!! When she got her act together in set 2/3, got more winners and cut down on her UE's alot. Margin for error is very small thats what makes her exciting to watch.
Nastya hit some right crackers on her BH.

Tomorrow not sure what i'm gonna watch, might go across city and see how juniors are going.

Hopefully all 3 are into rd 3
Vera Douchevina killed world #2 Eva Birnerova in rd 1 for 2nd time in 2 months 6-3 6-0 :D

Maria Sharapova and Nina Bratichikova also won 1st rd on Sunday and were due to play today.

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a day for you, Egg! :eek:

Am so happy that Svetlana and Anastasia managed to get a grip in the nick of time! :D :D

That is awful about Lina's ankle. Extra disappointing if she can't play in the doubles either.:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Thanks for the report Eggy!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Eggy, thanks for the report. I think the Russian girls who live and train in Russia, such as Elena Bovina, have a hard time adjusting to the oppressive Australian heat. Is there any truth to that, Eggy?

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
THANKS for your scoop, Eggy! ;)

Keep having fun, Eggy! Worry about your reports later! Don't ever stay in a hotel except your sleep.

Go Eggy go! Go Russian girls go! You will be having lots of fun watching these young Russians playing at AO next week. God, I am jealous!

Elena Dementieva, only Russian left in the main draw! Enjoy watching her. I am quite impressed with Svetlana Kuznetsova making into the main draw and grabbed one round victory at least!

Go GIRLS!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts